We welcome and affirm all beliefs
The MOSAIC of Spiritual and Religious Life celebrates the richness of our different spiritual experiences and provides programs and opportunities for growth and understanding. With the Dominican Ideals of Study, Reflection, Community and Service as our foundation, we engage with others in our community in an all-inclusive spirit.
- We affirm that all religions, faiths, traditions, and beliefs are encouraged, accepted, and respected at Dominican University of California.
- We also affirm that those who are non-religious, curious, questioning, or on their own individual path are welcomed here.
- Our department continues to commit to supporting everyone in our community, where each of us can learn from each other, respect and celebrate differences and offer equitable opportunities for all.
- We hold ourselves accountable to the virtues outlined in the acronym of MOSAIC.
- Our alternative spring break trips, volunteer opportunities and student groups guide students toward a spiritually enriching experience at Dominican and support the Dominican Ideals of Study, Reflection, Community and Service.
Dominican students, faculty and staff are welcome to volunteer at the weekly Penguin Pantry, held outside of Albertus Magnus on Wednesdays during the academic year. We work with the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank to receive deliveries to be distributed to any interested students. Students have the option to pick up pre-bagged items or choose what they would like each week, which allows for individual autonomy and limited food waste.
Alternative Spring Break Trips
Open to all students, Alternative Spring Break Trips were placed on pause due to the pandemic. Please look out for more information about trips that will be offered during the Spring 2024 semester.
St. Catherine Benincasa Chapel
Located on the first floor of Edgehill Mansion, the St. Catherine Benincasa Chapel welcomes all to join their weekly and seasonal programs:
Fall 2023 Mass Schedule
- Welcome Back Mass: Sunday, August 20 at 10 a.m.
- Family Weekend Mass: Sunday, October 22 at 11 a.m.
- Alumni Holiday Mass: Friday, December 1 at 4 p.m.
Spring 2024 Mass Schedule
- Reunion Weekend Mass: Saturday, April 20 at 11 a.m.
- Commencement Mass: Friday, May 10 at 11a.m.
Interested in volunteering for one of these services?
Contact the Student Engagement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 482-1972.
Looking for other spiritual and religious services offered off-campus?
A list of faith communities within the larger Marin County can be accessed here.
Students, need transportation? Contact Stephanie Felton for more information.
Veritas Interfaith Center
Located on the first floor of Edgehill Mansion, the Fr. Bob Haberman Veritas Interfaith Center welcomes all to join our weekly and seasonal programs.
The Center is dedicated to Dominican's late Fr. Bob who loved Dominican and leaves a legacy of unfaltering service and commitment to the students and alumni. The Center will continue to serve students of all faiths and all traditions in a setting that is as welcoming and open as it is beautiful and contemplative.
Future generations of students may not have the fortune to know Fr. Bob personally, but they will have the opportunity to benefit from his life’s work and his commitment to them and their spiritual needs.
Dominican Jewish Alliance
The Dominican Jewish Alliance is a newly formed Jewish community group on campus. This is a welcoming and inclusive community, embracing representation, sharing and connecting with the Jewish culture, holding opportunities for education and outreach, and building a network of support.
Interested in learning more about this group? Please fill out this form.
Registered Student Organizations
- Muslim Student Association
- Penguin Ideals Club
Interested in starting an additional organization?
Contact the Office of Student Engagement at email@example.com to learn more!
Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring. If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world on fire!”
— Saint Catherine of Siena