We’ve compiled relevant information for you here, but please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or to refer students directly.
Dominican University of California offers a beautiful and safe campus in San Rafael, CA, just 12 miles north of San Francisco.
Ranked #18 Best Universities of the West 2023 by U.S. News and World Report
Ranked #5 for Best Value Colleges in the San Francisco Bay Area by Niche’s Best Colleges Rankings 2023
Dominican’s four-year graduation rate is 72%, the six-year rate is 74%
Rolling Admissions except for Nursing (deadlines below)
Dominican is an excellent choice for all students, especially those who
- prefer a highly personalized approach to learning with small class sizes and individual mentoring from day one.
- are looking for an accepting and inclusive environment.
- are interested in applying classroom learning in the real world through internships, projects and research opportunities.
- are first-generation students, Dreamers or foster children. We are a dedicated Minority Serving Institution, both for Hispanic as well as Asian American, Pacific Islander and Native American students.
- are athletes. Dominican is an NCAA Division II school with numerous PacWest Academic achievement awards.
Merit and need-based Scholarships are available (close to 99% of our students receive financial assistance).
Dominican offers undergraduate degrees in health and sciences, business, education, humanities, arts, and much more.
Program Highlight: Applied Computer Science
This fully online bachelors can be completed in only three years. With a focus on hands-on, practical learning, it empowers students to succeed professionally and financially in their chosen careers and deliver solutions to real-world problems in areas such as front- and backend web development, software engineering, and agile product development.
- 2020/2021 Graduates: 95% employed
$122,000 Average salary
Employers include: Microsoft, Amazon, The Walt Disney Company, Shopify, Apple
- 2022/23 Graduates: 80% employed
Average salary: $123,000
Employers include: Microsoft, Amazon (hired 8 students from this cohort), Expedia, VMWare
Accelerated Paths to Graduate Degrees
- October 1: FAFSA/California Dream Act submission for the following academic year begins.
- February 1: Nursing application deadline and Fall Priority deadline.
- March 2: FAFSA/California Dream Act/Cal Grant priority deadline.
- June 1: Priority deadline for all financial aid forms and documents.
- Applications: Common App and Dominican App (No Fee)
- Honors Program
- International Students
- Living on Campus
- Majors and Programs
- Nursing Admissions and Deadlines
- Signature Program: The Dominican Experience
- Test-Optional Policy
- Transfer Admissions and Deadlines
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Undergraduate First Year Admissions and Deadlines
- Visit Campus and Events
- Global Education
- Dominican in the News