We’ve compiled relevant information for you here, but please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or to refer students directly.
Dominican University of California offers a beautiful and safe campus in San Rafael, CA, just 12 miles north of San Francisco.
Ranked #18 Best Universities of the West 2024 by U.S. News and World Report
Dominican is again ranked 18 in the Best Regional Universities (West) category of the U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 Best Colleges guide. The western region includes California, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Hawaii, Arizona, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Alaska. Dominican is also ranked #18 in Best Value Schools and is a top performer on social mobility Regional Universities (West). Dominican was included in both the Best Undergraduate Business Programs and Best Nursing Schools categories.
Ranked #5 for Best Value Colleges in the San Francisco Bay Area by Niche’s Best Colleges Rankings 2023
Dominican’s four-year graduation rate is 72%, the six-year rate is 74%
Rolling Admissions except for Nursing (deadlines below)
Merit and need-based Scholarships are available (close to 99% of our first-year undergraduate students receive financial assistance).
Admitted students are automatically considered for all institutional aid in addition to any state or federal aid they may be eligible for.
Dominican is an excellent choice for all students, especially those who
- prefer a highly personalized approach to learning with small class sizes and individual mentoring from day one.
- are looking for an accepting and inclusive environment.
- are interested in applying classroom learning in the real world through internships, projects and research opportunities.
- are first-generation students, Dreamers or foster children. We are a dedicated Minority Serving Institution, both for Hispanic as well as Asian American, Pacific Islander and Native American students.
- are athletes. Dominican is an NCAA Division II school with numerous PacWest Academic achievement awards.
Accelerated Paths to Graduate Degrees
- October 1: FAFSA/California Dream Act submission for the following academic year begins.
- February 1: Nursing application deadline and Fall Priority deadline.
- March 2: FAFSA/California Dream Act/Cal Grant priority deadline.
- June 1: Priority deadline for all financial aid forms and documents.
- Applications: Common App and Dominican App (No Fee)
- Honors Program
- International Students
- Living on Campus
- Majors and Programs
- Nursing Admissions and Deadlines
- Signature Program: The Dominican Experience
- Test-Optional Policy
- Transfer Admissions and Deadlines
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Undergraduate First Year Admissions and Deadlines
- Visit Campus and Events
- Global Education
- Dominican in the News