Ready to Complete Your Bachelor’s Degree? Let’s Go!
If you have completed coursework at a college or university after high school, and are ready to continue your educational journey, we’re excited you’re considering Dominican.
Here are just some of the reasons why Dominican could be a great fit for you:
- Do research: We have ample undergraduate research opportunities available to all students.
- Study abroad: We offer programs in 53 countries across the globe, for all students in every major.
- Embrace tech: Dominican now offers a computer science minor to infuse any major with cutting-edge coding skills.
- Give back: Engage with issues you are passionate about, develop a vision of justice, learn community-building skills and more, with a major in Social Justice.
- Get support: Our teams of academic advisors, integrative coaches and career and internship specialists will be with you every step of the way.
- Get connected: Our broad network includes top Bay Area companies, from tech to business to leading research facilities. We’ll help you land an internship and even your first job!
Start Your Journey Here
The transfer admissions process includes the evaluation of several factors, including academics, leadership both inside and outside the classroom, recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community leader, and your personal essay. We’ve boiled this down to just four easy steps.
Apply to Dominican in Four Steps:
Write your personal essay. (You can find essay guidance in the FAQ below.)
Complete and submit your application. (Free for most students.)
Ask your college or university to send your transcripts to Dominican. (Your counselor will know how.) Nursing students must meet course prerequisites and admissions requirements.
Decide whether to submit a letter of recommendation. Please note — for most students, a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader is optional. Only nursing majors are required to submit letters of recommendation.
Ready to begin? Apply Now!
Frequently Asked Questions
For most majors, we have a rolling admissions process and we accept applications year-round. See the Nursing Program page for the nursing department's deadlines.
Transfer students can apply and are admitted until August 1.
A 500-word essay must accompany your application.
For Nursing, please submit an essay that addresses the following:
Why you would like to major in Nursing and what contributions do you see yourself making to the profession?
For all other majors, please respond to one of the following essay prompts:
- Describe a challenge you overcame. How did you overcome it? How did it impact you as a person?
- Dominican University values the ideals of Study, Community, Reflection, and Service. Please write about one of these ideals and what it means to you.
Free. There is no application fee.
Yes, please visit Undergraduate Tuition and Aid to learn more.
You do not need to turn in high school transcripts. Just provide us with your high school name and graduation year. If you took a GED or CHSPE exam in lieu of your high school diploma, please provide us with the date you passed the exam.
If you are in progress for classes, we will accept unofficial transcripts to review your application. However, in order to receive credit for those classes, you must submit official transcripts once all your classes are complete. Official transcripts are recommended.
Most likely! Very few courses have a "date of expiration." Certain majors may require that major coursework be completed within a given time frame. Your academic advisor will let you know if coursework is not transferable due to time restraints.
Of course! You have access to all the same resources, including the library, Conlan Recreation Center (including the weight room and swimming pool), career services, advising, tutoring, and counseling services. As a Transfer student, you are a valued part of our Dominican community!