Ready to Complete Your Bachelor’s Degree?
If you have completed coursework at a college or university after high school, and are ready to continue your educational journey, we’re excited you’re considering Dominican.
Here are just some of the reasons why Dominican could be a great fit for you:
- Do research: We have ample undergraduate research opportunities available to all students.
- Study abroad: We offer programs in 53 countries across the globe, for all students in every major.
- Embrace tech: Dominican now offers a computer science minor to infuse any major with cutting-edge coding skills.
- Give back: Engage with issues you are passionate about, develop a vision of justice, learn community-building skills and more, with a major in Social Justice.
- Get support: Our teams of academic advisors, integrative coaches and career and internship specialists will be with you every step of the way.
- Get connected: Our broad network includes top Bay Area companies, from tech to business to leading research facilities. We’ll help you land an internship and even your first job!
Ready to begin? Apply Now!
The Dominican Transfer Promise: Finish in Two Years
Students transferring to Dominican with an associate degree (AS/AA) can complete their bachelor’s degree in two years.*
- Small classes, great experiences
- Internship & job placement support
- Diverse & inclusive community
*Completion for students who have earned a degree with fewer than 60 credits or who are transferring an applied degree may take longer than two years. Nursing and Applied Computer Science programs degree completion may take more or less time depending on core requirements.
How to Apply
The transfer admissions process includes the evaluation of several factors, including academics, leadership both inside and outside the classroom, recommendation from a teacher, counselor or community leader, and your personal essay. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
For most majors, we have a rolling admissions process, and we accept applications year-round. If an application deadline falls on a weekend and/or holiday, applications will be accepted through the end of the next business day.
Non-Nursing Transfer Students:
Spring Deadline: January 5
Fall Deadline: August 1
Nursing Transfer Students:
Spring Deadline: September 1
Fall Deadline: March 1
Write your personal essay. (You can find essay guidance in the FAQ.)
Complete and submit your application. (Free for most students.)
Submit your transcripts. Find complete instructions on how to submit your transcripts to Dominican here.
Decide whether to submit a letter of recommendation. Please note — for most students, a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader is optional. Only nursing majors are required to submit letters of recommendation.
Ready to begin? Apply Now!
Thank you for applying to Dominican! We look forward to reviewing your application. Please log in to the Penguin Admissions Portal to confirm we’ve received all required documents, view information about virtual events and appointments, and connect with us on social media.