Code of Conduct
Dominican University of California Office of Financial Aid is a member of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) and adheres to NASFAA's Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals.
Review required Consumer Information disclosures.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Review standards by which students maintain eligibility for federal financial aid on the Satisfactory Academic Progress page.
Withdrawal / Return to Title IV
Review policies under which Dominican may be required to return federal financial aid to the government on the Withdrawal / Return to Title IV page.
The number of units in which a student enrolls may affect their financial aid. Most federal financial aid requires at least half-time enrollment while institutional aid requires at least full-time enrollment. Please use the following guide for determining a student’s level of enrollment:
- Full-time: At least 12 units
- Three-quarters-time: At least 9 units, less than 12 units
- Half-time: At least 6 units, less than 9 units
- Less-than-half-time: Less than 6 units
Graduate Students (Fall/Spring)
- Full-time: At least 8 units
- Three-quarters-time: At least 6 units, less than 8 units
- Half-time: At least 4 units, less than 6 units
- Less-than-half-time: Less than 4 units
Graduate Students (Summer)
- Full-time: At least 6 units
- Three-quarters-time: At least 4.5 units, less than 6 units
- Half-time: At least 3 units, less than 4.5 units
- Less-than-half-time: Less than 3 units