- Campus Life
- Living on Campus
Living on Campus
The residential experience at Dominican is every bit a part of your academic journey as your time in the classroom. Neighbors in your residence hall become friends, and the campus becomes your community.
Before, after and in between classes, your time is yours. And, at Dominican, there are plenty of ways to fill that time: movies and cooking demonstrations in your residence hall; student clubs and activities; relaxing or studying; sports and recreation; and so much more.
While You’re Here
You’ll also get acquainted with our hometown. San Rafael, a small city of 57,700, is filled with parks, shopping, restaurants, museums and historic sites, an amazing farmer’s market, and a civic center designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright. This lively California town offers seasonal concerts, art walks, a film fest, and plenty of other events throughout the year.
Much More to Explore
Located in the San Francisco Bay area, our campus gives you access to internship and job opportunities in San Francisco, Silicon Valley and beyond. Plus, we’re close to some of the most exciting, historic, and beautiful places in the Golden State, from hiking in ancient redwoods, to exploring the wine country, to watching big wave surfers at Ocean Beach.
- 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge — Cross into San Francisco to enjoy its attractions and eateries, and neighborhoods and nightlife — from Golden Gate Park, to Haight St. to China Town and more.
- 25 minutes to Berkeley — Take a walk along historic Telegraph Ave. and find cheap eats, funky shops and best locally-owned bookstores.
- 28 minutes to Muir Woods National Monument — Enter this giant Redwood forest and get lost in nature
- 40 minutes to Point Reyes National Seashore — Explore the rocky coast, sandy beaches, and open meadows.
- One hour to Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley — Sample your way around the vineyards, hiking and biking trails, and fun shopping areas in either of these two distinct destinations in the winemaking region
- Two hours to Santa Cruz — Head to the beach boardwalk for a ride on the famous Giant Dipper.
Get to Know Us
Learn more about Dominican by signing up for a guided campus tour and speaking with an admissions counselor.
Explore More in Living on Campus
Where You Will Live
An ivy-covered, stately stone building. Sunny rooms with hardwood floors and built-in shelves. A cluster of living-learning communities called Edgehill Village. Off-campus townhouse life. Dominican’s residence halls are full of character — and opportunities to connect with your peers.
Where You Will Eat
Fresh, seasonal and locally sourced ingredients — that’s what meals are made of here. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in our chalet-style cafeteria, or power up with a smoothie or espresso at Chilly’s Cafe.