Start Your Journey Here
The first-year admission process includes the evaluation of several factors, including academics, leadership both inside and outside the classroom, recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader, and your personal essay.
ONLINE Admissions Events & Tours
How to Apply
Apply to Dominican in five easy steps. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Write your personal essay. (Please see guidance in the FAQ.)
- Complete and submit your application. It's free!
- Submit your transcripts. Find complete instructions on how to submit your transcripts to Dominican here.
- Decide whether to submit your test scores. Please note — while Dominican is test optional for most, homeschooled students are required to submit SAT or ACT test scores. International students who need to demonstrate English proficiency should check our International Admissions page.
- Decide whether to submit a letter of recommendation. Please note — for most students, a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader is optional. Only nursing majors are required to submit letters of recommendation.
Ready to begin? You have two choices:
Apply Through the Common Application Apply Through The Dominican Application
Application and Aid Deadlines
Dominican has a rolling admissions policy, which means we evaluate applications as they are received until we’ve filled all the slots for our incoming class. If an application deadline falls on a weekend and/or holiday, applications will be accepted through the end of the next business day.
|Fall Priority||February 1|
|Spring Priority||December 1|
Nursing application deadlines are final. For priority consideration, please have a completed application by the deadline. Our nursing program is competitive and admission is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
|Fall Deadline||February 1|
All students are encouraged to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as the first step towards receiving need-based financial aid from the University.
Deadline: The FAFSA opens October 1 each year. To qualify for a Cal Grant, the FAFSA must be submitted by March 2.
|Cal Grant Deadline||March 2|
To learn more about scholarships and financial aid at Dominican, visit our Tuition and Financial Aid page.
Thank you for applying to Dominican! We look forward to reviewing your application. Please log in to the Penguin Admissions Portal to confirm we’ve received all required documents, view information about virtual events and appointments, and connect with us on social media.