Academic Innovation and Excellence
At Dominican we integrate the liberal arts and humanities with science and professional programs.
The hallmark of our innovative curriculum is The Dominican Experience, an evidence-based approach to educating the whole student. Through this program every undergraduate student will:
- Work with an integrative coach throughout all four years
- Engage with the community through service, fieldwork, internships, or global experiences
- Complete a signature work, such as a research project, an art exhibit, or a business plan
- Craft a digital portfolio that captures the academic journey
More About Dominican
Dominican University embodies the ethos of California and its progressive values. We welcome people of all beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Our campus community is diverse in many ways:
- We’re home to students from across the U.S. and several dozen countries, including Brazil, China, Ireland, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, and Turkey.
- 68 percent of our student body is from an ethnically diverse background.
- 23 percent are first-generation college students.
- Our Office of Diversity and Equity offers events, training programs, and services to the campus community.
- The Student Success Center houses the Accessibility and Disability Services Office, which provides academic accommodations to students with documented differences in abilities.
- The Mindful Open Spiritual And Interreligious Community of Spiritual and Religious Life (MOSAIC SRL, formerly known as Campus Ministry) is open to students of all faiths.
What makes Dominican different? We'll let our facts, figures and major accomplishments illustrate what sets us apart.