Student Account Statement
You should expect to receive email notifications around the fifth of each month, when your student account statements are ready to view in the Self Service portal. Please note — you will have the choice about how to make payments, outlined below:
- Pay online. Log in to Dominican's Self Service Portal to either transfer funds from your checking account, or pay with credit card. (Service fee will apply.)
- Pay by mail: Mail a check or money order. (Please include your student ID number on your check.)
- Pay in person: Visit the team at Bertrand Hall, Room 103, to make payments with cash, check or money order.
A payment plan is available to all students in good standing. Payments may be divided into four equal payments for the fall and spring semesters, and a maximum of two payments for the summer semester.
How it Works
Payments are due on the first of each month as follows:
- Fall semester: August 1, September 1, October 1 (must be paid in full by November 1)
- Spring semester: January 1, February 1, March 1 (must be paid in full by April 1)
- Summer semester: June 1 (must be paid in full by July 1)
- Students who register late and miss the first payment cycle will be required to make a $1000 deposit before the start of classes, and then make the subsequent payments as outlined above.
- Dominican charges a finance charge of 1 percent per month (annual percentage rate of 12 percent) on the unpaid account balances.
- A late fee of $50 will be assessed for any payment received past the due date or non-payment. If a payment is returned or rejected by your bank, we will apply a $50 charge to your account.
- Students who sign up for a payment plan, and miss a payment, must pay the remainder in full and will no longer be able to participate in the payment plan option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your billing statement will be published to Dominican’s Self-Service portal each month starting July 8 for the fall semester. You will receive an email notification when your billing statement is available to view. Your statement will not be physically mailed to you.
You can review your statement and your current account activity on Dominican’s Self-Service portal.
- Visit Self-Service
- Select Finances
- Select View and Pay e-Bill
- Select Statements
Your payment is due the first of the month following the statement date. For example: Your July bill is due August 1.
If you cannot pay your bill in full, you have the option to sign up for a Payment Plan. The Payment Plan allows you to make four payments throughout the term. We will send you instructions via Moodle about how to select the Payment Plan option. Please note — your fall account must be paid in full by November 1.
|Payment Due Date
|Remit 1/4 of the Balance Due
|Remit 1/3 of the Balance Due
|Remit 1/2 of the Balance Due
|Remit Balance IN FULL
Yes, there is a 1% finance charge on the outstanding balance to be paid monthly, equal to a 12% annual interest rate.
Yes, there is a $50 late payment charge for not making your payment by the payment due date, which is the first of the month following the statement date.
There are three options:
- Pay in person at BSO, Bertrand Hall, Room 103 with cash, check or money order.
- You or your parent can mail a check to this address. Be sure to note your student ID number on the check to ensure your account is credited properly.
Dominican University of California
c/o Business Services
50 Acacia Ave
San Rafael, CA 94901
- Payments can be made online using the Finance Tab of Self-Service. Here you can pay with a bank transfer from your checking account with no additional fee or you can pay by credit card, with an additional service fee.
Your anticipated financial aid will appear on your billing statement. Always review your billing statement to ensure everything you are expecting is displayed. If your aid does not cover the total amount due, you are responsible for the balance.
Please follow up with your financial aid advisor immediately to ensure that all the paperwork is completed.
Federal financial aid will be disbursed the first week of classes. Cal Grants and Pell Grants will be disbursed mid-September. Dominican scholarships and grants disbursements vary. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
BSO will issue you a refund check. We will contact you to discuss whether you prefer to pick up your refund check or receive by mail.
Dominican is not able to offer students an advance on financial aid, except for purchase of books at the Campus Bookstore.
Call BSO at (415) 257-0161 to request that we re-assess your account. We can review your new balance together. For specific course-related questions, contact the Registrar’s Office.
Some Dominican fees are non-refundable. These include: Registration deposit, $250, Housing deposit, $500, Grad School deposit, $1000, and the Campus Comprehensive Fee $210. If you choose to withdraw from Dominican, you will still be financially responsible for these charges.
We encourage you to contact the BSO at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 257-0161 so that we can discuss your options.