What is the Penguin Pass?
The Penguin Pass has three components:
- A Dominican ID card
- A network user ID (and password)
- An email address that ends with @students.dominican.edu or @dominican.edu.
To manage your Penguin Pass Network ID, please visit: dominican.okta.com.
The Penguin Pass ID Card allows you to:
- Access computer labs, the Conlan Recreation Center and the residence halls.
- Pay for computer printouts in the Library
- Pay for photocopies in the Library/Guzman Hall
- Pay for meals in the dining hall
- Pay for laundry services
- Pay for Items in the Bookstore
- Pay for items from some of the vending machines around campus (if you do not have cash/change)
The Penguin Pass Network ID (and password) allows you to:
- Access research databases from off-campus
- Login and use Library computers
- Use the wireless network
- Access selfservice.dominican.edu
- Add cash value to your card
- Find information on Dominican operations
- Access your Dominican-provided Gmail account
The Penguin Pass Gmail address allows you to receive important emails from:
- Faculty, Financial Aid, Registrar, Provost, Student Life and the IT Department
Your Penguin Pass can be set up by visiting the Information Technology Department in Ralph Minor Hall (the little red house next to Guzman Hall).
- You can pick up your Penguin Pass after you have paid your tuition deposit.
- Fall and spring semester: We are open the first weekend (Saturday) before school starts; exact hours will be communicated to you via email. We have extended hours the first week of the beginning of each semester (M-Th, until 7 p.m.).
- There is a $20 replacement fee for lost cards.
Use of the Penguin Pass is separate from your tuition. Please note — Penguin Pass transactions will not appear on your bill. No credit will be extended for transactions using the Penguin Pass — all transactions must be pre-paid by adding value to your Penguin Pass.
- You may add value with a Visa or Mastercard at Self Service. Login with your Dominican Penguin Pass account, go to Finances/Make a Payment/Penguin Pass.
- Parents or guardians may make online deposits for students with a or Visa Mastercard or Visa.
- There is a value-add station in the Library adjacent to the circulation desk which accepts $1, $5, $10, $20 and $50 denominations.
Information about Email services at Dominican for students, faculty and staff.
Dominican University of California provides email addresses for all students. This service is hosted via Google. Students are responsible for ensuring that their e-mail setup is operational by setting up a password with IT.
Dominican Student email addresses are in the format:
Where first name and LastName are separated by a period (.).
Dominican Provided Gmail
With a Dominican provided gmail box, you have a dominican address (First.Lastname@Students.Dominican.edu) and your email can be read by accessing https://gmail.dominican.edu.
Dominican University of California provides email addresses for all staff. Dominican email addresses are in the format:
Where FirstName is your first name and LastName is your last name. Some staff members who have been at Dominican for more than two years may have different address formats in addition to this address format.