Dominican has wireless network access for faculty, staff and student use. To use the wireless network you will need to:
- Have a working Dominican User ID and password. To get an ID you will have to stop by the IT Department in the library.
- Connect your computer to the WIFI network called DOMINICAN-WIRELESS
- Open a browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari).
- The first time your computer tries to connect to our WIFI network you will be redirected to a registration page.
- Click on the link that applies to you — students or faculty/staff.
- Enter your Dominican User ID and password. Do not enter your email address.
- At this point your computer will be reconnected to the appropriate network.
- You should exit your browser and restart your browser and it will be working. Sometimes it works without exiting the browser, but it always works if you exit and restart the browser.
- Your computer will be able to access the WIFI network without prompting for a user ID password for five months. After five months you will have to re-register your device.
The maps below show wireless coverage for 2017/18. In fall 2019 we are surveying campus and planning additional enhancement.
We have seen that when people move around on campus that their computer, especially Apple computers, tend to "remember" the last WIFI antenna they used and do not reconnect to the closest/fastest antenna. To fix this we recommend that you simply turn WIFI off and then turn it on again. When WIFI turns on again your computer will connect to the closest/fastest antenna.
For Apple Laptops:
- Look for the WIFI icon on the top of the screen.
- Click on it and click "Turn WIFI Off"
- Click on it again and "Turn WIFI On"
For iPhones and iPads:
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Turn Airplane Mode ON
- Turn Airplane Mode OFF
For Microsoft Windows Based Computers
- On the bottom of the screen look for the wireless connections icon.
- Click on it and select REFRESH
Wifi Printing in the Library
This section explains how to print over wireless to the printers in the Library. You can print to the Library printers from any location where you have internet access. Your prints will then be available for release at the print station kiosks in the information commons on the ground floor.
Simply follow these steps after visiting printeron.net/dominican/printing.
On the PrinterOn website:
- Select a printer and BW (black & white) @ $0.10 or Color @ $0.20 option
- Enter your email address
- Upload a document or enter a URL
- Click the "next arrow" icon below to proceed
- Select print options**
- Click the green printer icon to print
- A six-digit release code appears and will be emailed to you
At the print kiosk in the library:
- Select the GoPrint Mobile button
- Enter your six-digit release code
- Follow the prompts to pay for and retrieve your print job
** Two-sided printing options: "Long" means that you turn from one page to the next along the long edge of the paper. "Short" means that you turn the page from the short edge of the paper, like a notepad.
Comcast Data Boxes in Townhomes
- Comcast Data box
- Comcast remote control
- Cable in
- To TV
- Channel switch
- Check to make sure that the box is powered on
- Make sure that the Comcast Data box (1) has a cable cord (Coaxial cable) going from Cable in (3) to the data box in your room.
- Plug in your cable cord from your TV into the TO TV (4) jack on the Comcast Data box (1)
- Check that the Channel Switch (5) is on “3”
- Turn your TV to Channel 3
- Use the Comcast remote control (2) to change the channels for the cable.
If your TV isn't working, please ask your RA for assistance. If you still require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that at the start of school the IT Department is exceptionally busy. As a result, cable TV support is not a high priority for the first few weeks.
If your cable box is lost or broken you will be charged a $100 replacement and restocking fee.