The business environment is changing faster than ever before. Executives need to position their organizations to meet emerging opportunities and challenges, lead change, and create an agile culture by empowering employees to take action and make decisions.
Dominican’s Leadership Certificate has had a tremendous impact on our key senior managers, both in their personal growth as well as the value they are adding to the organization. The investment in the program has been well worth it."
— Russ Colombo, Retired CEO, Bank of Marin
Dominican’s Executive Education programs provide critical tools and competitive strategies needed to deliver immediate results. Designed and delivered by expert practitioners who bring their real-world experiences into the classroom, our programs lead you through a process of exposure, internalization and application ensuring you will apply the learning to your work.
Dominican’s Leadership Academy equips you with innovative tools and skills to lead change and drive organizational results. You will develop greater self-awareness while learning and practicing essential skills in coaching, emotional intelligence and interpersonal dynamics, enabling you to lead with greater empathy, purpose, inspiration, and connection.
- Understand the difference between leadership and management.
- Develop the ability to create, influence, and foster organizational change.
- Learn how to build and sustain an inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Acquire skills to maximize the performance of teams.
- Increase your capacity for leading through greater emotional intelligence.
- Gain coaching skills to improve performance and increase accountability.
Who Should Attend
Mid- to senior-level professionals seeking to improve their ability to lead.
The program consists of seven sessions, three (3) in-person at the Dominican campus and four (4) synchronous online:
- April 11, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
21st Century Leadership: What it Means to Be a Leader
- April 18, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Critical Thinking for Effective Decision-Making
- April 25, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Building an Inclusive & Equitable Workplace
- May 2, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Leading Change: Transforming Organizations to Stay Ahead of the Curve (includes content on building culture)
- May 9, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Creating High Performance Teams
- May 16, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Applying Emotional Intelligence
- May 23, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Coaching for Accountability
Program fees are $3,300. Fees include tuition and course materials. For in-person sessions, lunches are available for purchase at Dominican’s Caleruega Dining Hall.
Enrollments must be received by April 4th, 2023. Participants are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
In this program, you’ll learn what it means to lead others as a manager and the skills required to execute that role successfully. The curriculum supports your transition from individual contributor to supervisor, focusing on core principles underlying sound leadership, tips and techniques for successful supervision, with ample opportunity to practice implementing the lessons learned.
- Understand a manager’s role, responsibilities, and major challenges.
- Acquire skills to organize, prioritize, and delegate challenging workloads.
- Gain insights on how to monitor subordinates’ progress consistently.
- Learn how to provide constructive feedback to foster continuous improvement.
- Understand how to inspire your team to commit to consistently delivering or exceeding results.
- Create an actionable plan for continued personal skills development.
Who Should Attend
- First-time managers with less than one year of experience supervising others
- Individual contributors about to be promoted to supervisor positions
The program consists of six (6) sessions, four (4) in-person at Dominican and two (2) synchronous online:
- March 9, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
From Individual Contributor to Leader
- March 16, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Leading Diverse & High Performing Teams
- March 23, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Communicating with Impact
- March 30, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Thinking Strategically, Deciding Wisely, Implementing Effectively
- April 6, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Overcoming Obstacles & Implementing Sustainable Change
- April 13, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Coaching Your Team's Growth
Program fees are $3,300. Fees include tuition and course materials. For in-person sessions, lunches can be purchased at Dominican’s Caleruega Dining Hall.
Enrollments must be received by March 2nd, 2023. Participants are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.
This program serves clients with personalized executive coaching. It includes a leadership 360 assessment combined with an executive coaching program emerging from high-performance values and practices.
Dominican’s team of highly experienced executive coaches are trained in 360 protocols. The program incorporates a 360-leadership survey, combined with Dominican’s executive coaches who provide personalized debriefing, goal-setting, and coaching to identify and meet leadership effectiveness goals. The program offers individual attention, confidentiality, and follow-up to ensure the achievement of developmental goals.
Format: Virtual Live
To learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clients and the Executive Education team collaborate to design and deliver a program customized to clients’ specific situations and aligned to their schedules, budgets, and goals. The program may focus on leadership development and/or a strategic business issue or need. From initial conversations through the last session, the outcomes lead to lasting positive impact, as well as ambitious goal achievement.
Refund and Cancellation Policies
If you wish to cancel and receive a full refund, you must submit your request in writing at least 30 days prior to the program start date.
If you submit your request 15 to 29 days before the program start date, you will receive a refund equal to 75% of the full program fee. If you submit your request within 14 days of the program start date, you are not eligible to receive a refund.
In the case of a no-show or partial participation, no refunds will be granted. Participants and/or their sponsoring organization are responsible for the entire program fee.
Approved refunds will be processed within two weeks and will be returned in the same form of payment.
Written request to transfer to another course must be received 7 days prior to the first class meeting.
If Dominican cancels a program due to low enrollment, registered participants will receive a refund of any tuition paid, or be allowed to move their registration to a future running of the program. Refunds from canceled programs can also be applied to other open enrollment programs.