We're excited to announce a pilot program this spring to deliver courses via the video conferencing platform, Zoom.
Please note: Your health and safety are our first priority. In accordance with the current public health directives, we are canceling all in-person OLLI courses for the Spring Session 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on each question below to reveal the answer. If you have a question not listed here, please contact us. We're happy to help you.
Your support is invaluable. To make a gift to Olli, please visit our giving webpage. And thank you!
Premium Member: Begins on March 2
Premium Basic and Session Members: Begins on March 9
Begins on June 1
There are two ways to register:
- Register online.
- Register by mail or in person: Download the Spring 2020 registration form and/or download the Summer 2020 registration form and either mail it or drop it off in person at the OLLI office:
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Anne Hathaway Cottage
50 Acacia Ave.
San Rafael, California 94901
View Google map of campus.
No, we are unable to accept registrations via telephone, however you can register online, in person or via mail.
You will receive an enrollment confirmation via email. If you have any questions please call (415) 458-3763.
Members are eligible for a refund of all fees minus an administrative fee of $25, if the request is received in writing at least one week before the first class of the session.
Dominican students (undergraduate and graduate) may audit courses. Otherwise, auditing is not permitted. Additionally, please be informed, members may not visit courses that are full.
- We encourage and welcome guests who are not current or past OLLI members.
- Guests are only permitted to attend courses that are not full/closed. OLLI members are asked to contact the OLLI office at (415) 458-3763 to confirm space availability.
- OLLI members enrolled in a course may bring up to two guests to one class. A guest may attend only once, even with different hosts. Before attending a second class of a course, the guest must register for the entire course.
- Absent members cannot send replacements to class (registrations are non-transferable).
Yes. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, please send a personal letter with your contact information and your most recent tax statement (the page with the taxable income). We recommend that you send your request before December 2, 2019. If you are selected for a scholarship, you pay the administrative fee of $25 each session and may attend one course per session.
Yes. Dominican University faculty, staff, alumni, and Villa Marin residents are eligible for discounts. Please note: discounts are not extended to family members
The OLLI office is in the Anne Hathaway Cottage, next to Guzman Lecture Hall, 50 Acacia St., San Raphael.
The majority of courses are held on the Dominican campus. Other course locations include Villa Marin in San Rafael, Unity in Marin in Novato, and the Dance Palace in Pt. Reyes Station.
Classes are taught by experienced professors in the discipline, the majority of whom hold a Ph.D. in their field. Certain classes such as film, law, and medicine are taught by distinguished practitioners.
According to OLLI policy, homework cannot be required. Some faculty may recommend particular books, articles or websites.