Types of Credit
- Extension Semester Units (ESU)
Usually associated with courses taken to attain a form of certification. ESU are characterized by 15 hours of contact time per unit, and are associated with a degree of knowledge assessment and/or skills implementation.
- Continuing Education Units (CE)
Usually associated with courses taken for information and non-mandatory skill building. CE credits are characterized by 10 hours of contact time per unit, and require a minimal amount of knowledge assessment and/or skill implementation.
Training and Educational Opportunities
The following organizations offer a variety of training and education opportunities designed for teachers throughout the year.
- Educational Development and Services
Developing quality courses for teachers
- Glean Education
Online training for teachers, schools and districts
- California Academy of Sciences
Teacher institute on science and sustainability
- Bay Area Writing Project
Improving the teaching and uses of writing
- Strategic Energy Innovations
Green schools program
Institute for Inquiry
- Institute for Social and Emotional Learning
Transforming schools into caring, inclusive communities
- San Francisco International ORFF
Dynamic approaches to music and movement education
- Marin County Office of Education
Professional development opportunities for local districts