What is Assessment?
Assessment is the process of gathering and discussing information from multiple and diverse sources in order to develop an understanding of what students know, understand, and can do with their knowledge as a result of their educational experiences; the process culminates when assessment results are used to improve subsequent learning.
- Develop learning objectives.
- Check for alignment between the curriculum and the objectives.
- Develop an assessment plan (must use direct measures).
- Collect assessment data.
- Use results to improve the program.
- Routinely examine the assessment process and correct, as needed