- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
The Natural Sciences and Mathematics department prepares students for a wide range of careers in the natural sciences and entry into health professional programs.
Many graduates plan for immediate employment in a science-related field, while others pursue entrance into a professional school for a healthcare-related field, or apply to graduate school for further education.
What you will learn:
- An understanding of the fundamental concepts of natural and physical sciences
- Knowledge of the scientific method
- A wide array of laboratory and fieldwork techniques
- How to find, read, and apply scientific literature
- A sensitivity to the interrelationship between science and human values
How you will learn:
- Infusing technology into all courses
- Maintaining standards that support personal and intellectual growth
- Engaging in a culture of critical thinking and scholarly inquiry
- Emphasizing the connections between scientific knowledge and professional practice, and knowledge of the liberal arts
- Participating in experiences that enhance multicultural understanding, global awareness and environmental responsibility
- Through diversity in Dominican’s staff, faculty, students and course offerings
Whether your next step is entering the workforce or pursuing an advanced degree in a graduate/professional program, you’ll have an edge in the achievement of your career goals.
Where you will learn:
The Joseph R. Fink Science Center is a 35,000 square foot science and research center houses more than 30 classrooms and labs, including biology, chemistry, and computer technology labs for faculty, staff and student use. The Center is located on the Dominican campus at 155 Palm Ave.
- Biological Sciences, BA, BS
- Integrative Biology, Minor
- Molecular Cell, Minor
- Organismal Biology, Minor
- Chemistry and Biochemistry, BA, BS, Minor
- Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Minor
- Global Public Health, BS, Minor
- Mathematics, Minor
- Post-Baccalaureate Premedical
- Biological Sciences, MS
The Research Methodology Course Series
All Dominican Biology and Chemistry undergraduate students participate in our signature Research Methodology Course Series.
National Ornamentals Research Site
The National Ornamentals Research Site at Dominican University of California (NORS-DUC) offers graduate research opportunities and a graduate seminar course for MS Biology students, as well as internships for undergrads.