The Library offers a number of services available to all students, as described below.
Make a 15-30 minute appointment with a Library Liaison to help with your research.
Liaisons are the librarians that work most often with individual departments and are most familiar with the subject matter. Library liaisons can support your research interests by locating and recommending relevant information resources.
Technology at the Library
Dominican students, staff, and faculty may borrow Macbooks from the Circulation Desk for four hours. Chargers and headphones also available. A limited number of long-term-laptop loans are also available to students by application.
Eligibility for Long-term Laptop Loans
Any full time Dominican student may apply, but students in the following categories will be given priority for this program:
- Students who are receive or are eligible to receive Pell Grant.
- Students whose EFC as calculated by FAFSA is between 0 and 5000.
- Students who are eligible for Federal Work-Study.
Students should submit a copy of their financial aid award letter and a 300-500 word application letter to Ethan Annis, at the circulation desk in the Library. In the application letter please describe your financial situation and explain how a semester-long laptop loan would aid in your studies at Dominican University. The letter should also include your full name and student email address.
Note: Please visit the Office of Financial Aid for a copy of your financial aid award letter.
Deadline to Apply
Applications may be turned in at the circulation desk in the library anytime, but priority will be given to applications received within the first three weeks of a new semester. If a student's application is accepted, the laptop, charger, and case will typically be due back on the last day of that semester. Fines stipulated in the Apple Laptop Agreement, Terms and Conditions will apply to overdue laptops.
For questions about this program or the application process, email Ethan Annis at email@example.com.
The Alemany Library offers a computer lab consisting of PC computers for student use, and two Mac desktops for public use. Each PC computer is equipped with the entire Microsoft Office Suite. Printing is available for students.
Computer Lab Policies
- Do not attempt to fix a computer problem. If a problem exists, contact the Information Technology Department.
- You may not download or install software on the computers.
- Keep a backup of all your work.
- Ask for assistance from an IT or Library staff member if a diskette becomes jammed in a disk drive.
- Do not disconnect any hardware for any reason. If a need arises, notify an IT staff member immediately.
- Some software programs are installed only on specific computers. If you cannot find a particular software program, please refer to the Dominican Lab Home Page to see which, if any, software program is installed.
- If a virus is found on a computer or floppy disk, notify the IT Help Desk immediately.
- Do not change printer settings. If you have special printing requirements, notify a TLC staff member.
- Do not load your own paper or envelopes into the printer. If you need to print on special material, notify a TLC or library staff member for assistance.
- Transparency and/or adhesive-label printing is prohibited.
- Do not attempt to clear paper jams. Notify the IT Help Desk or Library staff member for assistance if a paper jam occurs.
- If paper, toner, or ink is not available, notify the Library Circulation Desk.
- Recycle all white printer paper in the designated blue recycling bin in the Lab. Please note that recycling bins are not receptacles for trash disposal or other types of paper, including ruled or colored paper.
- Users of Dominican computers may often wish to temporarily store their data on Dominican computers. This practice is permitted with the following constraints:
- Data on Dominican computers (PCs and workstations) is not backed up.
- Other users, or Dominican IT, may periodically clean the hard drive and delete all data.
- Every semester the lab computers will be reformatted and wiped clean so that all data is removed.
- Dominican holds no responsibility for any data temporarily stored on a Dominican lab computer.
Print from any wireless device in the library!
Print charges still apply. Available to Dominican students, staff, and faculty only.
How to Print
The wireless printing service is available via a website. There is no additional software required. Simply follow the steps below:
- Visit the printing service website
- Select a printer and BW (black & white) @ $0.10 or Color @ $0.20 option
- Enter your email address
- Upload a document or enter a URL
- Click the "next arrow" icon below to proceed
- Select print options**
- Click the green printer icon to print
- A 6 digit release code appears and will be emailed to you
At the print kiosk in the library:
- Select the GoPrint Mobile button
- Enter your 6 digit release code
- Follow the prompts to pay for and retrieve your print job
** Two-sided printing options: "Long" means that you turn from one page to the next along the long edge of the paper. "Short" means that you turn the page from the short edge of the paper, like a notepad.
Resources for Students
When you need books or journal articles that are not available in our library or our bookstore, you may request them through interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loans are available for Dominican students, staff and faculty only.
Dominican Scholar showcases the scholarly and creative work of the students, faculty and staff of Dominican University of California.
The Dominican University of California Archives identifies, preserves, and makes accessible historically significant records in a variety of formats that reflect the unique culture of the University and supports administration, teaching, research, and service.