- Office of the President
Office of the President
I am endlessly impressed by the kindness, resilience, and curiosity of Dominican students. They embrace difference and challenge injustice, they seize opportunity, take risks, and strive both for growth and for authenticity. These students inspire my deep pride and admiration.
Dominican embodies the ethos of California and its progressive values. We welcome people of all beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Our diversity is our strength.
Thus it is my happy privilege and essential responsibility as president to champion our students’ every effort and ensure an equitable, evidence-based college experience for all athletes, artists, activists, and scholars who call our beautiful campus home.
This is the spirit of the Dominican Experience, our commitment to engage every student in learning with community partners, crafting a capstone project, building a digital portfolio, and working towards their goals with a committed network of advisors and coaches.
Reach out, visit, and join us. Dominican’s doors are open. You have the right to be here, and you belong.
Nicola Pitchford, PhD
Dominican University of California will iterate on its current strategic plan, Dominican at 130 over the course of Academic Year 2021-22. The process and planning work will be guided by the following principles:
- The Board of Trustees recognizes the progress made toward achieving the vision for Dominican at 130 years and is committed to advancing the initiatives outlined therein;
- Dominican’s rich history and founding ideals of study, reflection, community, and service will guide all planning work;
- Our process will be informed by data and rely on our campus’s best ideas for innovation;
- Senior leadership will engage the campus in articulating the path to the future;
- Our process will be responsive to Dominican’s Strategic Diversity Plan so that we may continue to meet the needs of an inclusive culture and changing student demographics;
- Our process will invite participation from students, alumni, faculty, staff, and community partners.
The inauguration of Dr. Nicola Pitchford was held Friday, May 13, at 4 p.m. on our campus in San Rafael, California.
Speeches and Writings
President Pitchford's research interests and expertise include issues in higher education, contemporary British literature, feminist theory, race and national identity, and landscape writing.
Messages from the President
Here you will find an archive of messages sent to the Dominican community.
Learn more about the senior administration and board of trustees.