The Student Health Center (SHC) provides free health service to all currently registered students regardless of your medical insurance plan. If additional diagnostic, laboratory, radiological or prescriptions are ordered to further evaluate or treat after being seen at the Student Health Center, you or your insurance carrier will be responsible for these costs. You will be referred to local providers for care beyond our scope of practice.
- Evaluation & treatment of acute illnesses & minor injuries
- Health education & evaluation of health concerns
- Pregnancy testing
- Birth Control
- Sexual, STI & reproductive counseling and services
- Nutrition counseling
- Smoking and vaping cessation counseling
- Stress management counseling
- Tuberculin skin testing ($10 each)
- Vaccinations: Flu shots (starting in October) For other vaccinations, please call your primary care provider or one of our local pharmacies (who can bill your insurance if you have a plan other than Kaiser).
All registered Dominican students are required to submit the health forms to the Student Health Center.
Visits to the SHC are confidential. Medical records will not be released to anyone without prior written consent by the student. Only in the event of a threat of harm to oneself or another is the SHC staff legally and ethically bound to step beyond confidentiality to safeguard the well-being of those involved. California state law requires that students under the age of 18 need the informed consent of a parent or legal guardian before care or treatment can be given at the SHC. However, if the care involves reproductive health issues (i.e., pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections) no parental consent can be sought, by law.