Dominican University of California has again received national recognition for its engaged students, outstanding teaching, and successful outcomes by being named a 2020-2021 College of Distinction by a popular college guide.
The Colleges of Distinction guide assess colleges and universities in several categories, including an institution’s freshman experience and retention alongside its general education programs, career development, strategic plan, student satisfaction, and more. Schools must exemplify four distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
Dominican also received specialized recognition for innovation in four specific areas
- Business College of Distinction (Barowsky School of Business)
- Education College of Distinction
- Nursing College of Distinction
- Career Development College of Distinction
These discipline-based awards are based on such qualities as program breadth and track record of success.
Year after year, Dominican’s commitment to academic excellence and personalized education have made the University one of the top colleges among its peers for student transformation.
Other accolades include:
- In the last decade, Dominican has moved from 45th to 23rd on the U.S. News & World Report "Best Regional Universities – West" category. Other rankings in “Best Regional Universities – West” category for 2020 include:
• Campus Ethnic Diversity. Dominican tied for the #2 spot in the West and #1 in California
• Top Performers for Social Mobility
• Best Value School
• A+ School for B Students
- The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking 2020 ranked Dominican in the top one-third of U.S. colleges and universities for delivering valuable outcomes and quality education to its students.
- Money magazine lists Dominican on its list of Best Colleges for Your Money 2019. The publication ranked schools using 26 factors in three categories: quality of education, affordability, and outcomes.
- Research led by Stanford University reveals that Dominican is 11th in the nation out of 578 selective private colleges for student social mobility for moving students from the bottom of the socio-economic ladder to the top quartile.