Leaders in the Making
Dominican University of California's The Making of Leaders program will prepare you to become the best leader you can be.
In this program, you’ll learn what it means to lead others as a manager and the skills required to execute that role successfully. The curriculum supports your transition from individual contributor to supervisor, focusing on core principles underlying sound leadership, tips and techniques for successful supervision, with ample opportunity to practice implementing the lessons learned.
- Understand a manager’s role, responsibilities, and major challenges
- Acquire skills to organize, prioritize, and delegate challenging workloads
- Gain insights on how to monitor subordinates’ progress consistently
- Learn how to provide constructive feedback to foster continuous improvement
- Understand how to inspire your team to commit to consistently delivering or exceeding results
- Create an actionable plan for continued personal skills development
Who Should Attend
- First-time managers with less than one year of experience supervising others
- Individual contributors about to be promoted to supervisor positions
The program consists of six (6) sessions, four (4) in-person at Dominican and two (2) synchronous online:
- March 9, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
From Individual Contributor to Leader
- March 16, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Leading Diverse & High Performing Teams
- March 23, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Communicating with Impact
- March 30, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Thinking Strategically, Deciding Wisely, Implementing Effectively
- April 6, online synchronous, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Overcoming Obstacles & Implementing Sustainable Change
- April 13, in-person, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Coaching Your Team's Growth
Program fees are $3,300. Fees include tuition and course materials. For in-person sessions, lunches can be purchased at Dominican’s Caleruega Dining Hall.
Enrollments must be received by March 2nd, 2023. Participants are admitted on a rolling, space-available basis. Early applications are encouraged.