Specifically, those with the following ranking and honorable discharge from their service:
- Basic Medical Technician Corpsman (Navy HM or Air Force BMTCP)
- Army Health Care Specialist (68W Army Medic)
- Air Force Independent Duty Medical Technician (IMDT 4N0X1C)
Advanced placement must include success in the following areas:
- Successful skills competency testing on all required learning objectives and skills for Fundamentals in Nursing
- 100% success rate on a fundamental medication examination
- 77% or above on a Fundamentals of Nursing Practice challenge exam
- 77% or above on a Health Assessment Across the Lifespan challenge exam
- Successful completion of a full health and physical assessment
- Successful written application of the nursing process assignment
- Successful completion of all Sophomore 1 Nursing and co-requisite courses (i.e., Pathophysiology/Pharmacology 1, Microbiology)
The candidate for application for advanced placement must have:
- At least one year experience working as Basic Medical Technician Corpsman (Navy HM or Air Force BMTCP) or an Army Health Care Specialist (68W Army Medic) or an Air Force Independent Duty Medical Technician (IMDT 4N0X1C).
- Applicants must have proof of active military service in the above roles within the last five years. Students who have been disqualified from another program are not eligible for admission to Dominican's Nursing program.
These guidelines are subject to change. For the most current information and guidelines, please contact the nursing department at Dominican University of California.