Dominican's computer science offerings provide project-based curriculum in computer science and software engineering and incorporates a balance of technical computer science courses, hands-on software product development and thoughtfully-crafted liberal arts courses. Our diverse faculty have recent, relevant software engineering experience and academic degrees in computer science.
- Design, build, and launch software products to address real-world problems
- Practice quantitative and qualitative reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Identify, interpret, and evaluate data sets
- Assess, choose, and implement technologies with attention to ethics, equity, and social justice
- Learn strategies for effective communication in multiple domains, including coding craftsmanship, as well as written and oral communications
The Coding and Software Design minor provides innovative, project-based curricula that allows you to infuse computer engineering and programming skills into your educational experience — regardless of your major! View our course catalog to learn more about the minor, developed in collaboration with leading tech employers, including Etsy, Lyft, and LinkedIn.
Many tech careers do not require intensive training in computer engineering, but simply a foundational knowledge of coding, software design and the language of the tech industry. The Coding and Software Design provides this, opening doors to careers in social media, digital advertising, web and app development, and more.