Internship Award Program Offers Up To $5,000
Dominican is accepting applications for its spring/summer 2020 internship award program that provides students with awards of up to $5,000 to offset the cost of travel, room and board, and other expenses associated with internships.
Internships provide students valuable opportunities to gain insight into careers that match their academic and personal interests. A recent study revealed that 94 percent of employers are more likely to hire a graduate who has completed an internship.
The internship awards are made possible thanks to the generosity of Dominican donors, Robin Pryor, Sisi Damner, and Teresa and Richard Niello.
The application process includes a resume, unofficial transcript, short essay responses and a panel interview with a committee of faculty and staff. Applications are due March 20, with some extensions granted on a case-by-case basis for those working toward summer internships.
WHO MAY APPLY?
- Students must be currently enrolled at Dominican returning for the fall semester (includes approved fall off-campus programs).
- Recipient(s) of the Robin Pryor Fund for Internship Support must be in their junior year, eligible for financial aid, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Recipient(s) of the Sisi Damner Fund for Internship Support should be majoring or minoring in History and/or Humanities, in their junior or senior year with a GPA of 3.5 or higher and eligible for financial aid.
- All students (regardless of year of study and specific GPA) are eligible to apply for the Teresa & Richard Niello Endowed Internship Fund.
- Internship organization may not be owned or operated by a member of your immediate family, or a current undergraduate student.