Dominican Ranked Among Top Schools In Western Region
The U.S. News & World Report 2021 Best Colleges guidebook has once again ranked Dominican University of California as one of the top regional universities in the west.
The ranking comes only a week after Dominican was named the nation’s most transformative four-year university by the American Council on Education (ACE) in recognition of a deep commitment to student opportunity and success.
U.S. News ranked Dominican 24th out of regional universities in the western region, which includes California, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Hawaii, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Alaska. Regional universities provide a full range of undergraduate and master's programs.
Other rankings in the “Best Regional Universities – West” category include:
- Campus Ethnic Diversity
- Undergraduate Teaching
- Social Mobility
- Best Value School
- A+ School for B Students
U.S. News incorporates criteria such as peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, faculty resources, student selectivity, financial resources, and alumni giving.
Year after year, Dominican’s commitment to academic excellence and personalized education has made the University one of the top colleges near San Francisco.
Other accolades include:
- Being named a 2020-2021 College of Distinction by the Colleges of Distinction guide, which assess colleges and universities in several categories, including engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes. Dominican also received specialized recognition from Colleges of Distinction for innovation in four specific areas:
• Business College of Distinction (Barowsky School of Business)
• Education College of Distinction
• Nursing College of Distinction
• Career Development College of Distinction
- Dominican ranked in the top third of colleges and universities nationally in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking 2021. The ranking focuses on a university’s ability to deliver valuable outcomes and quality education. Dominican was ranked 243 out of about 800 institutions.
- A 2017 study published by the New York Times examining colleges as engines of upward mobility placed Dominican in the top 11 of 578 selective private colleges in the United States for social mobility.
- College Raptor, a leading college planning platform, named Dominican to its 2020 Best College in the United States rankings and its 2020 Hidden Gem list. The University ranks in the top 25 among best colleges in the Northwest and best colleges with the highest acceptance rates.
- Money magazine includes Dominican on its list of Best Colleges for Your Money 2020. The publication ranked schools using 26 factors in three categories: quality of education, affordability, and outcomes.
Located 12 miles north of San Francisco, Dominican University of California delivers personal attention and real-world opportunities for students to flourish in college and in careers. The University’s nationally recognized signature program, the Dominican Experience, empowers students to find their own way while surrounded by a network of support, opportunity, and innovation.