Colleges of Distinction
Dominican University of California has received national recognition for its engaged students, outstanding teaching, and successful outcomes by being named a 2019-2020 College of Distinction by a popular college guide.
The Colleges of Distinction guide assess colleges and universities in several categories, including an institution’s freshman experience and retention alongside its general education programs, career development, strategic plan, student satisfaction, and more. Schools must exemplify four distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful outcomes.
In addition Dominican received specialized recognition for innovation in four specific areas:
- Business College of Distinction (Barowsky School of Business)
- Education College of Distinction
- Nursing College of Distinction
- Career Development College of Distinction
These discipline-based awards are based on such qualities as breadth of the program and track record of success.
Year after year, Dominican’s commitment to academic excellence and personalized education has made the University one of the top colleges among its peers for student transformation.
Other accolades include:
• The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings 2019 places Dominican in the top one-third of U.S. colleges and universities delivering valuable outcomes and quality education to its students.
• The 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges Guide lists Dominican among the Best Regional Universities in the West (ranked 25). The guide also ranks Dominican as a Best Value School in the West and an A-plus School for B Students, while noting the University’s strength in the Campus Ethnic Diversity category.
• Money magazine includes Dominican on its list of Best Colleges for Your Money 2018.
• A 2017 study published by the New York Times examining colleges as engines of upward
mobility placed Dominican in the top 11 of 578 selective private colleges in the United States for social mobility.
Since 2000, the Colleges of Distinction website and guidebook have honored schools throughout the U.S. for their excellence in undergraduate-focused higher education.
Located 12 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in beautiful Marin County, Dominican delivers personal attention and real-world opportunities for students to flourish in college and in careers. The University’s nationally recognized signature program, the Dominican Experience, empowers students to find their own way while surrounded by a network of support, opportunity, and innovation.
Media Contact: Sarah.Gardner@Dominican.edu, 415-485-3239