- Carl Garrubba
Carl Garrubba, DMSc, PA-C, CPA
Carl Garrubba is a certified physician assistant with a master’s degree in physician assistant studies from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In 2021, he received his doctorate in Medical Science from Lynchburg University in Virginia. His clinical experience at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) included thoracic surgery and HIV medicine and research. While working at UPMC, Carl was named co-investigator on several HIV clinical trials. In June of 2007, he was hired as clinical coordinator of the PA program at Chatham University. As a member of the Chatham community, he also served as an assistant professor, associate professor, and program director.
In April 2017, he accepted the position of professor and associate director for Dominican’s Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program and supervised all aspects of its admissions process. In February 2019 he assumed the role of the program director. In July 2022, he was appointed to the position of Dean of the School of Health and Natural Sciences.
Carl also received a BS in business administration from Duquesne University in 1986 and his certified public accountant license in 1988.
University of Lynchburg, DMSc, Medical Science
Duquesne University, MS, Physician Assistant
Duquesne University, BS, Business Administration
PA education and general medicine topics.
Honors and Awards
- Director at Large, Physician Assistant Education Association, 2022
- Treasurer, Physician Assistant Education Association, 2016–Present
- Director at Large, Physician Assistant Education Association, 2014–Present
- Distinguished Fellow in the American Academy of Physician Assistants (DFAAPA) designation since 2019
- PANCE/PANRE Author/Product Editor, Exam Master Corporation, 2008–2013