2012 — Ireland
2011 — Italy
Benefits of Participation
There are many benefits of participation in the Honors Program.
- Students may register during the first day of priority registration along with senior-year students and receive housing priority.
- When an Honors student is registered for an Honors Seminar, registration is without additional fee if the student is registered for over-hours (maximum 3 units). The normal ceiling of six units of independent study at the University is waived for the members of the Honors Program.
- Juniors and seniors are allowed to take graduate courses (with permission).
- The Program provides opportunities for Honors students to get better acquainted with each other, to be involved in Honors activities, and to work for the good of all.
- The Honors Center in the library provides a meeting place for the students to work on projects, study, and have social activities as well as computer use and printing privileges.
- The Honors community provides occasions for the integration of the academic, social, and co-curricular spheres of university life.
- Students can participate and assume leadership roles in the Honors student association, L.I.F.E. (Leaders Initiating Fascinating Explorations), and Community Connections. Honors students may serve as student representatives to the Honors Board.
- Honor students can apply to live with fellow honors students after their freshman year in the honors building located in Edgehill. During their freshman year at Dominican they will live in the LLC hall. The LLC stands for Living Learning Community and serves as a good introduction and smooth transition into on campus dorm life.
If you would like to apply fill out our application form please come by Dr. Spain's Office, Room 100 of the Science Center!
Director Honors Program
Office: Science Center 123 and 128
Honors Administrative Assistants
Office of Admissions