At Dominican, you’ll find challenging courses, dedicated faculty and an academic atmosphere. But, there’s plenty to do outside the classroom, too!
- Learn, think and laugh at lectures by some of the country’s leading figures including Al Gore, Madeline Albright, Tom Brokaw, Isabel Allende, Caroline Kennedy, Suze Orman, Salman Rushdie and more.
- Show your penguin pride! With 12 NCAA Division II teams, there’s always something going on and plenty to cheer about.
- Head over to the Fanjeaux Student Union where you can relax in front of a large screen TV, play a game of pool or just socialize with friends. Enjoy events such as karaoke, game night, pizza parties, chocolate fountains, pumpkin carving and the infamous strobe light pillow fight.
- If cardio is your thing, the Conlan Center is the place to be for a work out in the fitness center or a swim in the pool.
- Hungry after your workout? Whether you’re an omnivore, vegetarian or vegan, there’s a lot to choose from at the Caleruega Dining Hall. With a commitment to nutrition and social responsibility, our food service purchases local and sustainably produced fruit, vegetables and meat.
- Get outside! Our Marin County locale is home to world-class mountain biking, hiking, golf, kayaking and surfing. In fact, there are world-class mountain biking trails less than a minute from campus.
- Prefer something more tranquil? Enjoy Dominican’s tree-lined streets, meandering pathways and tranquil gardens. You’ll be able to hear yourself think, thanks to the peace and quiet on the stunning former summer estate grounds.
- Explore downtown San Rafael, a lively urban environment within walking distance of the campus.