About Campus Life
Whether you want to be a spectator and enjoy our lectures or sporting events, take part in club activities, or just relax with friends on our beautiful campus, there is plenty to do at Dominican before and after class.
- Learn, think and laugh at lectures by some of the country’s leading figures including Al Gore, Madeline Albright, Tom Brokaw, Isabel Allende, Caroline Kennedy, Suze Orman, Salman Rushdie and more.
- Show your penguin pride! With 12 NCAA Division II teams, there’s always something going on and plenty to cheer about.
- Head over to the Fanjeaux Student Union where you can relax in front of a large screen TV, play a game of pool or just socialize with friends. Enjoy events such as karaoke, game night, pizza parties, chocolate fountains, pumpkin carving and the infamous strobe light pillow fight.
- If cardio is your thing, the Conlan Center is the place to be for a work out in the fitness center or a swim in the pool.
- Hungry after your workout? Whether you’re an omnivore, vegetarian or vegan, there’s a lot to choose from at the Caleruega Dining Hall. With a commitment to nutrition and social responsibility, our food service purchases local and sustainably produced fruit, vegetables and meat.
- Get outside! Our Marin County locale is home to world-class mountain biking, hiking, golf, kayaking and surfing. In fact, there are world-class mountain biking trails less than a minute from campus.
- Prefer something more tranquil? Enjoy Dominican’s tree-lined streets, meandering pathways and tranquil gardens. You’ll be able to hear yourself think, thanks to the peace and quiet on the stunning former summer estate grounds.
- Explore downtown San Rafael, a lively urban environment within walking distance of the campus.