Student Health Center
Your health, wellbeing, and academic success are important to us. Our services include physical evaluation and treatment, health education and preventative services, and emotional and psychological support and counseling. Services are free of charge and available to all registered Dominican students.
The Student Health Center (SHC) provides free health service to all currently registered students regardless of your medical insurance plan. If additional diagnostic, laboratory, radiological or prescriptions are ordered to further evaluate or treat after being seen at the Student Health Center, you or your insurance carrier will be responsible for these costs. You will be referred to local providers for care beyond our scope of practice.
- Evaluation & treatment of acute illnesses & minor injuries
- Health education & evaluation of health concerns
- Pregnancy testing
- Birth control
- Sexual, STI & reproductive counseling and services
- Nutrition counseling
- Smoking and vaping cessation counseling
- Stress management counseling
- Tuberculin skin testing ($10 each)
- Vaccinations: Flu shots (starting in October) For other vaccinations, please call your primary care provider or one of our local pharmacies (who can bill your insurance if you have a plan other than Kaiser).
Meet our team
Student Zen Zone
Visit the Library, room 209 to breathe, recenter and revive. Created by students in the Student Health Advisory Committee and the Dominican Student Occupational Therapy Association.