All concerts begin at 3 p.m. on Sunday at Angelico Hall, 20 Olive Ave. in San Rafael.
September 29: Telegraph Quartet
Described by the San Francisco Chronicle as “...an incredibly valuable addition to the cultural landscape” and “powerfully adept...with a combination of brilliance and subtlety,” the Telegraph Quartet has performed in major concert halls, music festivals, and academic institutions in the United States and beyond. They are currently the Artists-in-Residence at San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
- Joseph Haydn, String Quartet in F Major, Op. 77, No. 2
- Béla Bartók, String Quartet, No. 4
- Felix Mendelssohn, String Quartet in D Major, Op. 44 No. 1
November 17: 2LOW
San Francisco Symphony musicians, Assistant Principal cellist Amos Yang and bassist Charles Chandler are the new and exciting low-string duo, 2LOW. Both graduates of the Juilliard School, these musicians are at the top of their field. They offer programs that showcase their virtuosity and in-depth artistry as well as reflect their idiosyncratic voice.
- Jean-Baptiste Barrière, Duo Sonata No. 10 in G major
- J. S. Bach, Viola da Gamba Sonata No. 2 — BWV 1028 (1685-1750)
- Andrés Martín, Synchronicity (2018) for Violoncello and Double Bass
(commissioned by Richard Duke for 2LOW)
- Gioachino Rossini, Duetto for Cello and Double Bass
- Pierre-Louis Hus-Desforges, Grande Sonata for Cello and Double Bass, Op. 3, No. 3
March 1: Alon Goldstein, Piano Recital
Alon Goldstein is one of the most sought-after pianists of his generation, admired for his musical intelligence, sensitive artistry and dynamic personality. He made his orchestral debut at the age of 18 with the Israel Philharmonic under the baton of Zubin Mehta and returned a few seasons ago with the Maestro Herbet Blomstedt. In recent seasons, Mr. Goldstein has performed with the Los Angeles Philharmonic; Philadelphia Orchestra; the San Francisco, Baltimore, St. Louis, Houston, Vancouver, Kansas City, Indianapolis, and North Carolina symphonies; and orchestras on tour in Paris, Russia, Romania and Bulgaria.
- J. S. Bach, Overture in French Style in B minor — BWV 831
- Ludwig van Beethoven, Sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor, Op. 27, No. 2
- Franz Schubert, Impromptus — D. 935
Leonard Bernstein, “The Masque” from Symphony No. 2
Claude Debussy, Preludes (Book II)
Alberto Ginastera, Argentinean Dances, Op. 2
April 19: Tilden Trio
Northern California’s premier ensemble, Tilden Trio, is comprised of the area’s leading artists.The trio was founded in 2004 by Sarn Oliver(First Violinist, San Francisco Symphony), Peter Wyrick(Associate Principal, San Francisco Symphony) and June Choi Oh(Department Chair, Dominican University of California), who were Juilliard schoolmates and have collaborated for decades in various ensemble settings, starting in their pre-college days.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Piano Trio — K. 549
- Robert Schumann, Sonata for Violin and Piano No. 2, Op. 121
- J. S. Bach, Cello Suite No. 6 in D Major — BWV 1012 (Performed on a Five Stringed Cello)
- Maurice Ravel, Piano Trio
Subscription Series: $60 General / $50 Discount for seniors over 60
Single Tickets: $20 General / $17 Discount for seniors over 60 Admission is free to students under 18*, Community College students with valid IDs and K–12 classroom music teachers, as well as Dominican University students, staff, and faculty with I.D.
- Single tickets will be sold at the door only.
- Tickets are available for purchase 30 minutes prior to each performance.
- All concerts held at Angelico Concert Hall on the Dominican Campus.
- Angelico Hall opens 30 minutes prior to the performance for seating.
* All elementary and middle school students must be accompanied and supervised by adults. Note, these concerts may not be suitable for ages 5 and younger.
Season tickets will be ready for pick up at will call on the day of the first concert.
The Angelico Concert Hall is located at 20 Olive Ave, San Rafael, CA. Event parking is available just off Grand or along the street.
For more information, please call (415) 482-3579 or e-mail email@example.com.