New Student Orientation will be delivered online. Wondering how it will all work?
All first-year, transfer and international students are expected to participate in the online New Student Orientation program. It is designed to help you get to know your fellow students, become more familiar with the campus, learn about Dominican history and traditions, and most importantly, have a great start to your college experience.
The components of Orientation will help you learn how to take care of the "business" of being a student, and you also have an opportunity to have fun and meet your fellow penguins. Peer Mentors will be your guides throughout the program. They look forward to meeting you in August!
- Register: Sign up for 2020 Orientation. Check your email for the registration form.
- Access portal: Once you've registered, you'll receive an email with a link to an online portal in early August. The portal is designed to provide an introduction to Dominican and to help you understand the “business of being a student." Complete the steps in your portal any time before school starts.
- Online orientation: Next, you'll receive information about our online Orientation, which will take place Thursday, August 20-Sunday, August 23. The scheduled program is designed to help students build connections and learn more about their college experience.
Supporters and Guests
Orientation is a great way for new Penguin students and families to get to know the Dominican community and one another. Orientation is completely free and is offered at no charge to students or their families. There are sessions available for family members, supporters and guests.
Save the date for Move-In Day, August 18-19, 2020! The Department of Housing and Residence Life will follow-up with all incoming students regarding move-in dates and times. Email email@example.com with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! All components are required unless otherwise noted. Fall In-Season athletes will work with the Athletics Department to determine the required components. Adult Degree Completion students will receive additional information about participation from the Student Success Center.
Yes! Orientation consists of two components.
- Online Portal: The portal is designed to provide an introduction to Dominican and to help you understand the “business of being a student." Complete the steps in your portal any time before school starts.
- Online Orientation: Our online Orientation will take place Thursday, August 20-Sunday, August 23. The scheduled program is designed to help students build connections and learn more about their college experience.
New students can view their class schedule through the Self Service portal. If you have questions about your schedule contact the advisor in your program.
The Orientation Schedule is posted online. Please note: The schedule is subject to change.
Orientation is designed for students. However, there are specific sessions for families and supporters.
Yes. The registration link has been emailed to you.
No. There is no additional fee for orientation.