Save the Date!
Join us for New Student Orientation Fall 2021.
AlI first-time Dominican students are expected to attend Orientation August 19-22, following Move-In Day. This includes first-year, transfer, international/study-abroad, and ADC students.
Orientation is designed to help you get to know your fellow students, become more familiar with the campus, learn about Dominican history and traditions, and most importantly, have a great start to your college experience.
The components of Orientation will help you learn how to take care of the "business" of being a student, and you also have an opportunity to have fun and meet your fellow Penguins.
- Register: Sign up for Fall Orientation 2021. During the summer, check your email for the registration form.
- Access Portal: During the summer, you will receive an email with a link to an online orientation portal. The portal is designed to provide an introduction to Dominican and to help you understand the "business of being a student." Complete the steps in your portal any time before school starts.
- Program and Major Orientations: In addition to New Student Orientation, there are some major and program sessions available. Information coming soon!
International Student Orientation
Save the date for Move-In Day, August 18 and 19. The Department of Housing and Residence Life will follow-up with all incoming students regarding move-in dates and times. Email email@example.com with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! All components are required unless otherwise noted. Your major or program may have an additional orientation. Check your email regularly for information.
The answer is both! Orientation consists of two components.
- Online Portal: The portal is designed to provide an introduction to Dominican and to help you understand the "business of being a student." Complete the steps in your portal any time before school starts.
- In-Person Orientation: Our Orientation will take place August 19-22. The scheduled program is designed to help students build connections and learn more about their college experience. We intend to hold the orientation program in-person, respecting all safety protocols.
New students can view their class schedule through the Self Service portal. If you have questions about your schedule contact the advisor in your program.
The schedule for Orientation will be emailed to you.
Yes. The registration link has been emailed to you.
No. There is no additional fee for orientation.