New Student Orientation will be delivered online. Wondering how it will all work?
AlI first-time Dominican students are expected to attend Orientation on Friday, Jan. 22 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. This includes first-year, transfer, international/study-abroad and ADC students.
Orientation is designed to help you get to know your fellow students, become more familiar with the campus, learn about Dominican history and traditions, and most importantly, have a great start to your college experience.
The components of Orientation will help you learn how to take care of the "business" of being a student, and you also have an opportunity to have fun and meet your fellow penguins.
- Register: Sign up for Spring Orientation 2021. Orientation will be held on Friday, Jan. 22 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Check your email for the registration form.
- Access portal: You'll receive an email with a link to an online orientation portal. The portal is designed to provide an introduction to Dominican and to help you understand the "business of being a student." Complete the steps in your portal any time before school starts.
- Online orientation: You’ll also receive information about our online Orientation, which will take place Friday, January 22 from 10 a.m. to noon. The scheduled program is designed to help students build connections and learn more about their college experience.
- Program and Major Orientations: In addition to New Student Orientation, there are some major and program sessions available. Please communicate with your advisor for additional information.
Date: Thurs., Jan. 14
Time: 6-7:30 p.m.
International Student Orientation
Date: Fri., Jan. 15
Time: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
Date: Fri., Jan. 22
Time: 1-3 p.m.
Save the date for Move-In Day, January 16, 2021! The Department of Housing and Residence Life will follow-up with all incoming students regarding move-in dates and times. Email email@example.com with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! All components are required unless otherwise noted. Your major or program may have an additional orientation. Check your email regularly for information.
Yes! Orientation consists of two components.
- Online Portal: The portal is designed to provide an introduction to Dominican and to help you understand the "business of being a student." Complete the steps in your portal any time before school starts.
- Online Orientation: Our online Orientation will take place Friday, January 22nd from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. The scheduled program is designed to help students build connections and learn more about their college experience.
New students can view their class schedule through the Self Service portal. If you have questions about your schedule contact the advisor in your program.
The schedule for Orientation will be emailed to you.
Yes. The registration link has been emailed to you.
No. There is no additional fee for orientation.