Student Resources

IT Department

Facility Hours


Career and Internship Services

Study Abroad

Clubs and Organizations

Teaching and Learning Center

Student Unions

Student Health Center

Campus Ministry

Counseling Services


Q: Where do I get my ID card/Penguin Pass?

Visit the Information Technology (IT) office located in the Archbishop Alemany Library for your ID card/Penguin Pass. If you have any questions, e-mail IT at [email protected] or call 415-257-0123.

Q:  How do I put money on my ID card/Penguin Pass? 

You can add money to your ID card/Penguin Pass in two ways. You can do it online via the self-service portal.  You can also use cash in the value-add machine located in the  Archbishop Alemany Library.

Q: What is Moodle and how do I log in?

Moodle is an online learning management system. Instructors post information about your classes here. Login.

Q: How do I log into my student e-mail account?

Student e-mail is hosted by Google. Login to your student e-mail account with the email address and password you created with IT when you got your Penguin Pass.

Q: Is there Wi-Fi on the campus and in the dorms?

Wi-Fi, or wireless, is available in the common areas of the dormitories, but not in the rooms. However, there are ports available in the rooms to plug your computer in for Internet access via Ethernet cord. To log into the wireless network, login with the username and password you received from IT.

Q: As a student, do I get any discounts on cell phones, computers or software?

Yes, students, staff and faculty receive discounts at participating retailers. Currently, discounts for cell phones are not available to students, but Dell and Apple provide a discount for computers. You can also get a discounted rate on Office Pro for both Windows and Mac. Visit PC Recommendations for a complete list.

Q: My computer crashed. Can IT help?

Yes, IT provides personal computer assistance for students. Walk-ins are welcome or you can make an appointment by e-mailing [email protected] or calling 415-257-0123.

Q: I just moved in. What is my phone number?

The phones in your room allow you to make local and on-campus calls only. To see what your telephone number is, check the telephone port in your room. The number should be located near the port. If it is not, call 415-257-0123.

Q: My phone does not work. What should I do?

Most of the time, the phone does not work because the phone line is not plugged in well. Unplug it and plug it back in from both the wall and the back of the phone. Also, check the cord from the headset to the phone. If you continue having trouble, call 415-257-0123.

Q: Where do I make photocopies?

Students may make photocopies in the library using either coins or a Penguin Pass. IT also offers a large format printer.

Q: Is there a fax machine available to students?

No. To fax documents, students should visit FedEx Office located on Grand Ave.

Q: When are the campus facilities open?

Office and facility hours change often, so please check each department’s web pages to ensure accuracy. 


  • Monday & Tuesday 9:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
  • Wednesday & Thursday 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
  • Friday 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
  • Saturday & Sunday CLOSED


Archbishop Alemany Library:

  • Monday–Thursday 8:00 a.m.–10:30 p.m.
  • Friday 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
  • Saturday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
  • Sunday 2:00–10:30 p.m.


Caleruega Dining Hall:


  • Breakfast 7:30–9:30 a.m.
  • Lunch 11:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
  • Dinner 5:00–6:30 p.m.

Weekends and Holidays

  • Brunch 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
  • Dinner 5:00–6:30p.m.


Chilly’s Café

  • Monday–Thursday 9:00–11:00 a.m. & 7:30–11 p.m.
  • Friday 9:00–11:00 a.m.
  • Sunday 7:00–9:30 a.m.
  • Weekends and holidays closed


Conlan Center

Operating hours vary by season and availability. Visit the Conlan Center page for more information regarding its offerings, as well as hours.

Q: How can I order my transcripts?

Transcripts may be ordered either at the Registrar’s office or online using the Clearinghouse secure site. Unofficial transcripts are free while official transcripts require a fee.

Visit our Transcripts/Verification page for more information or contact the Registrar’s Office at 415-458-3750 or at [email protected].

Q: What is Career and Internship Services?

Career and Internship Services at Dominican University of California provides career development programs and services to empower students and alumni to develop skills for lifelong career satisfaction.

They provide resources to connect students with employers. In particular, they assist Dominican students and alumni with:

  • Choosing a major
  • Exploring internship and career options
  • Finding internships and jobs
  • Writing resumes and cover letters, preparing for interviews and conducting job searches
  • Researching graduate school programs and applying
  • Career change/transition

Q: What can I do with my major?

 To see what you can do with your major, visit What Can I Do With This Major.

Q: How do I search for a job or an internship?

Dominican Career Network (DCN) is Dominican University of California’s free online job listing and job search resource.

Q: Where can I find more resources?

 Find more information by looking at these Career/Job Websites.

Q: I am an employer looking to post a job or an internship. How do I do that?

 Please see our section for employers on the career services website.

Q: When is the next Career, Internship and Graduate School Fair?

The fair is held annually in late September, early October. Check the website a date closer to the event for more details.

Q: Can you help me with my resume and cover letter?

Start by looking through these handouts on resume and cover letter writing. For specific questions, you can make an appointment with a counselor. Daily drop-in times, consisting of 15 minute appointments, are Monday–Thursday between 2–4 p.m. and Fridays 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.

Q: Do you offer workshops?

Yes, Career and Internship Services offers a variety of workshops on career topics throughout the academic year as well as listings of workshops offered outside of the university.

Q: What other services are offered?

Career and Internship Services conducts assessments that can help you match your preferences and interests with career options. It also assists students with exploring internship opportunities. We manage the for-credit internship program, whereby students get academic credit for completing an internship.

Career and Internship Services assists students who are considering graduate school with the application process and personal statement refinement as well as all aspects of the job search preparation including resumes, cover letters, mock interviews and job search strategies.

Q: Who do I contact for more information?

For more information or an appointment, contact us via phone call or e-mail.

Q: Does Dominican offer study abroad programs?

Yes, Dominican offers various study abroad programs for different majors. Students can travel to France, England, Sweden, Spain, Dubai and many other countries. Study abroad at sea is also an option.

Q: What if I want to travel for a shorter period of time?

The Honors Program here at Dominican has annual trips during Spring Break to various countries and cities. Past groups traveled to Egypt and Italy.

Q: Is there an FAQ for parents?

Yes, there is a study abroad FAQ for parents.

Q: What clubs and organizations are available to students?

There are about 40 active clubs on campus.

Q: Are there any fraternities or sororities on campus?

Dominican does not have fraternities or sororities, although there are academic fraternities on campus.

Q: How do I join a club?

To join, go the webpage of the club you are interested in and e-mail that club’s contact person. If you do not receive a response within 48 hours, notify the current Inter-Club Council Director.

Q: How do I start a new club?

 To start a new club, fill out the Club/Organization Registration Form and return it to the Inter-Club Council Director or Paul Raccanello, the Associate Dean of Students at [email protected]. The new club must have an Inter-Club Council Representative to attend meetings that occur about 2–3 times per semester.

Q: Where can I seek academic resources?

Students may seek academic resources such as tutoring, meeting a study group, taking a placement test, attending an academic workshop, and more. For a detailed list, visit the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) located in Bertrand Hall 110.

Q: Is tutoring offered? Is there a fee?

 Yes, tutoring is offered in the (TLC). Students are allowed one hour of tutoring a week per subject but may be granted additional hours on a case-by-case basis. Visit the Tutoring Services for more information.

Q: Are there student unions on campus?

 Each residence hall, including the hotel, offers a space for students to congregate. A television, couches and pool table are available at the Fanjeaux Student Union. There is also a new location at the Dominican Heritage and Alumni House.

Q: Are students required to have health care?

Yes, all students are required to have health insurance. If you have health insurance, it is your responsibility to waive coverage.

Q: What if I don’t have health insurance?

If eligible, students are offered health insurance through Kaiser Permanente. Explore to see which plan is right for you.

Q: What is Campus Ministry?

Campus Ministry, one of the entities within Student Life Department, believes that people seek truth, VERITAS, in its various expressions and in an ecumenical spirit. At Dominican, we celebrate the richness of our different experiences and encourage students to share that with one another.

The programs offered by Campus Ministry invite people of all faiths to explore the Dominican values of Prayer/Reflection and Study in the context of Community by finding expression in Service to others. These Dominican values help us to be fully alive in body, mind and spirit.

Q: What is the mission of Campus Ministry?

Campus Ministry works with all members of the University community to help individuals and groups develop and strengthen their spiritual lives.

Q: Do I have to be Catholic to participate in Campus Ministry programs?

 No. It is open to all. Religious and spiritual diversity make our programs inspiring and insightful for everyone.

Q: Will Campus Ministry try to convert me?

No. Campus Ministry is not in the business of religious conversion, moral enforcement or spiritual judgment. Its goal is to aid in the unique spiritual development of every student.

Q: Is Campus Ministry only for students who are already deeply committed to their faith?

The program is available for students who are of deep religious conviction as well as those who are just beginning to explore their spirituality.

Q: What can Campus Ministry offer me?

By providing occasions for prayer, worship, reflection, discussions, service, study, action and just plain fun, Campus Ministry has something to offer everyone from every background.

Q: Who do I contact if I want to join Campus Ministry or if I have more questions?

To join or for more information, contact Father Bob Haberman at [email protected] or 415-485-3207; Sister Carla Kovack, OP, at [email protected] or 415-257-0142; or Lianni Castro at [email protected] or 415-482-3569.

Q: Does the University offer counseling services?

Yes. The University’s Counseling Services is a program designed to provide counseling services at no fee to the entire Dominican University of California community.

Counseling sessions are personal and private. The program provides a supportive environment where people can explore, change and grow at their own pace, based on their own needs and desires. Sessions are usually fifty minutes long, once a week. 

Q: Who can use The Counseling Services?

 The students, faculty and staff of Dominican are eligible to use Counseling Services.

Q: How do I make an appointment?

Counseling appointments can be made by calling 415-485-3258 or by dropping by the University Counseling Services Office in Room 21 of Bertrand Hall. Appointments are available mornings and afternoons, Monday through Friday. You need only give your first name and phone number and a counselor will call you to confirm the appointment.