Immigration Status

In order for international students to study at Dominican University of California, they need to have a valid non-immigrant visa. Most international students admitted to Dominican obtain F-1 student visas.


It is possible to study in the United States with certain dependent visa categories.

The Student Exchange Visitors Program (SEVP) provides information on non-immigrant visa types and explains which visa types are able to participate in part-time or full-time studies in the United States.

F-1 Student Visas

If the primary purpose of a person’s visit to the United States is to study, then they should apply for a student visa.

The F-1 visa is the most common student visa and is issued to full-time students enrolled in an academic or language program at a U.S. institution.

In order to apply for the F-1 visa, students must have received their I-20 form from the Global Education Office. The I-20 is a three-page form with a Dominican official's signature on pages 1 and 3.

Please e-mail all I-20 form questions to Vaolele Stawiarski,