Veteran Candidates

Dominican is committed to meeting the needs of our veterans. Below are a list of resources available to veterans, such as information on the GI Bill, the Yellow Ribbon Program, and our Office of Veteran Services. Please contact us if you'd like to discuss this information further!

For detailed information on Veteran Benefits, please visit the Office of Tuition and Financial Aid's Veteran Benefits page. 

Veteran Benefits

In recognition of their service, the Federal Government and Dominican University of California offer additional financial aid and tuition benefits to service-members and veterans. Through the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Yellow Ribbon program benefits, Vocational Rehabilitation, and/or Chapter 35 benefits, military veterans can attend the University at little-to-no out-of-pocket expense. Students entering the military through the ROTC may also be eligible for tuition benefits. For more information, visit the Veteran Benefits page. 

These tuition benefits are separate from any other aid for which the student may be eligible from submitting the FAFSA. Service-members, veterans, or students who receive military benefits through a service-member parent can contact Financial Aid for additional information regarding VA Benefits.

Students receiving VA benefits should also contact Business Services to let them know the student’s tuition will be paid with those benefits, as the disbursement schedule for those benefits does not align with our normal payment schedule.

Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits

As of August 2015, the Post 9/11 GI Bill covers up to $21,084.89 annually in costs for qualifying veterans and/or their transferees attending a private university or college. 

Yellow Ribbon Program

Post 9/11 GI Bill eligible veterans and/or transferees may also qualify for additional tuition assistance through the Yellow Ribbon program. As a Yellow Ribbon participating institution, Dominican will cover up to 50% of remaining tuition (after GI Bill is deducted) with a 50% match from Veterans Administration (VA).

To request Yellow Ribbon benefits, veterans and/or transferees must complete the following steps (see checklist for more information):

  1. Apply for benefits with the VA at (if you are a dependent or spouse, see checklist for additional steps) 
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at 
  3. Submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (sent by the VA) to the Office of Financial Aid
  4. Upon Admission, pay the tuition deposit to the Office of Admissions and register for courses

Students will not be considered for Yellow Ribbon benefits until all steps have been completed.

For more information on Yellow Ribbon, visit the Yellow Ribbon site

Office of Veteran Services

For assistance for issues unrelated to financial aid, please contact the Office of Veteran Services (OVS). The OVS is staffed by Veterans who can assist with locating additional support services and external resources for their fellow Veterans. Please contact the OVS at 415-458-3705 or at [email protected].