The mission of the Francoise O. Lepage Center of Global Innovation is to serve as a global innovation gateway, partner, collaborator and resource for the Dominican University community, businesses, government and non-profit organizations. Made possible by the generous gift of Albert Lepage, the Lepage Center is unique among collegiate programs of innovation and entrepreneurship, serving as a global innovation hub, delivering the potential of innovative and entrepreneurial solutions that contribute to a sustainable world.
We believe that we do well only when we do good.
The Lepage Center offers academic programming, immersive educational opportunities, student-based entrepreneurial challenges, University-wide entrepreneurial activities, and non-degree programs for companies, organizations and educational institutions both locally and internationally. It provides regionally and globally-focused business development by offering Executive Education serving the entrepreneur sector.
The Lepage Center combines classroom learning with hands-on practice, ensuring graduating students acquire the skills and experience to be successful in their own startups or in contributing to the entrepreneurial environment in other settings, including corporate and not-for-profit.
The Lepage Center for Global Innovation connects entrepreneurs throughout the Bay Area ecosystem to Dominican’s campus and resources through interactive student events, such as the Lepage Entrepreneurship Forum, and networking opportunities with like-minded industry experts through the Lepage Center’s Venture Cafe and Technology Mixers.
With multilevel partnerships, the Lepage Center brings together the strengths of different centers of excellence to bear on innovative, educational programming driving economic and personal growth in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the Bay Area and beyond.
The Lepage Center partners with the following stakeholders:
The Lepage Center Podcasts
- Kevin Johnson, Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Dodge & Cox
- Nooshin Behroyan, Founder/ CEO of Paxon Energy & Infrastructure
- Kara Goldin, CEO of Hint Inc.
- Kathy Tierney, former CEO Sur la Table and entrepreneur Michael Volpatt
- Kevin Compton, partner at Kleiner Perkins
- Zachary Kushel, Founder and Managing Partner, Marin Sonoma Impact Ventures
The Francoise O. Lepage Center for Global Innovation follows the University ethos of a student-centered and problem-based learning approach for students in the Barowsky School of Business pursuing a Bachelor of Business Administration and who choose to emphasize entrepreneurship.
The Francoise O. Lepage Center for Global Innovation commits to the future by:
- Preparing Dominican University of California students, faculty and other stakeholders for significant roles in a globalized society to create a sustainable and significant impact in society through entrepreneurial ventures.
- Unleashing passionate creativity and disciplined design thinking through the cutting-edge curriculum, academic and non-academic programs, and dynamic activities, leading to innovative entrepreneurship that serves the greater good and needs of the many.