Major Declaration (Undergraduates) & Non-Degree Information

Major Declaration - Undergraduate

By the close of the sophomore year, each student should formally declare a major with the approval of the appropriate Department Chair or Dean. The student should obtain the Declaration of Major form from the Registrar’s Office, complete the required information, secure the required signatures, and return it to the Registrar’s Office. If a student declares a major upon admission, he/she needs to file a Declaration of Major form only when changing majors or adding a second major. Students wishing to change their major to occupational therapy must complete a separate application process.


Non-Degree Seeking Students

Non-degree seeking students (excluding auditors) need to obtain the permission of a director of admissions.  Undergraduate students may enroll as non-degree seeking students for a maximum of nine units.  Undergraduate non-degree seeking students may register beginning the week prior to the start of classes. Graduate students may enroll as non-degree seeking students for a maximum of six units with permission of the Director of Admissions Operations and proof of an earned Baccalaureate degree.  Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.  Tuition and fee rates for the appropriate degree program apply. Students may petition the Academic Petition Committee to enroll in more than nine units or for more than two semesters.

Online registration is not available for Non-degree seeking students.  You may register for courses at the Registrar’s Office during normal business hours.