The News Office coordinates the production of a number of communications vehicles designed to highlight the achievements of Dominican’s students, alumni, faculty and staff. These include news releases, media advisories, and targeted media pitches, the Experts Directory, The Torch, and the news portion of the University’s website.
With so many events, achievements and successes on campus, we can’t guarantee that every news item will be covered in depth. But we need to know about it to be able to publicize it.
How to pitch a story to Dominican
- E-mail Dave Albee at email@example.com. Please be as detailed as possible and include your name, title, phone number and your news tip in advance of a special event.
- Tell us about your achievements, research, articles, books, awards, trips and honors. Please give us news of new publications and books well in advance of publication.
- Alert us to interesting human-interest stories about yourself, your colleagues, students and alumni that are fresh and unique.
- Keep us informed about student-faculty research collaborations.
- Send information about yourself that we can include in our Experts Directory.
- Notify us of your events as soon as you set the date. Please give us a lead time of at least four weeks or time that is sufficient to promote the event.
Current The Torch Issue
The Torch Magazine Archives
Dominican Press Releases
Dominican in the News
News Office, 105 Guzman Hall
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
Follow us on
Subscribe to our RSS feed