C. JOHN SUEN, Ph.D
Instructor, Research Professor, Dept. of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
School of Health and Natural Sciences
Expert in Geology
- Presented "The 2011 Honshu Earthquake and Tsunami: History In The Making or History Repeating?"
- Department chair and founding program director of the UC Riverside-CSU Fresno Joint Degree Program in Environmental Science.
- Scientist at the Brookhaven National Laboratory, where he worked as technical consultant for U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission on radioisotope transport.
- Served in a number of federal and state advisory capacities, including on the EPA Science Advisory Board panel.
MATTHEW DAVIS, Ph.D
Professor, Department of Psychology
School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Expert in Psychological Response to Natural Disasters
- Human Response to Natural Disasters: Tsunami, Earthquakes, Volcanoes
- Public Perceptions of Risk
- Social Psychology
- Media Psychology
- Research on public awareness of volcanic hazards in Italy and Mt. Rainier
- Studied hazard awareness of tsunami risks in Northern California
- Evaluating psychological effects of disasters for "Get Ready Marin" and CERT
- Nickname at Dominican is "Disasterman."