RANDALL HALL, PH.D
Professor of Chemistry, Chair of Dept. of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
School of Health and Natural Sciences
Expert in Theoretical, computational and physical science
- Theory and computer simulation to study systems in materials science and biology
- Randall W. Hall, Gyun-Tack Bae, Lucy Kiruri, and Barry Dellinger, "Computational Modeling of the Initial Steps in Copper Oxide-Catalyzed Formation of Poly-Chlorinated Dibenzo Dioxins and Furans, J. Phys. Chem. A, in preparation, 2013
- Randall W. Hall, Leslie G. Butler, Rasil Warnakulasooriya, and Claire Masson, "An Analysis of Student Performance using an Online Chemistry Homework System at a Large Public University", J. Chem. Ed., in preparation, 2013
- Randall W. Hall, Gyun-Tack Bae, and Barry Dellinger, "Density functional calculation of the structure and electronic properties of CunOn(n = 1 − 8) clusters", J. Phys. Chem., 115, 2087-2095, 2011
- Randall W. Hall and Gyun-Tack Bae, "Density functional calculation of the structure and electronic properties of (CuO)n (n = 1 − 4) clusters", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 5545, 122-130, 2009
- Randall W. Hall, Cheri A. McFerrin, , and Barry Dellinger, "Ab Initio Study of the Formation and Degradation Reactions of Chlorinated Phenols", J. Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, 902, 5-14, 2009
- Randall W. Hall, Jacob D. Stevenson, Aleksandra M. Walczak, and Peter G. Wolynes, "Constructing explicit magnetic analogies for the dynamics of glass forming liquids", J. Chem. Phys., 129, 194505, 2008
- Randall W. Hall and Peter G. Wolynes, "Intermolecular forces and the glass transition", J. Phys. Chem. B, 112, 301-312, 2008
- Randall W. Hall, Cheri A. McFerrin, and H. Barry Dellinger, "Ab Initio Study of the Formation and Degradation Reactions of Semiquinone and Phenoxyl Radicals", Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM, 848, 16-23, 2008.
- R. Hall "Update On LA-SiGMA Diversity Efforts" at Louisiana EPSCoR RII LA-SiGMA Symposium, Baton Rouge, La. July 2012
- R. Hall, C. McFerrin, B. Dellinger, R. Ramachandran and C. Wick "Ab inito Study of Iron Oxide Clusters And Their Reactions With Phenol, 2-Chlorophenol and 4-Chlorophenol and Force Field Development For Cooper Oxide Systems" at Southwest Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society November 2012.
- R. Hall, L. Kiruri, G. Bae and B. Dellinger "A DFT Study of the Reaction of Chlorinated Phenols With Cooper Oxide Clusters" at Proceedings of the Louisiana EPSCoR RII LA-SiGMa Symposium.
- Joined Dominican in 2012 from LSU as Lillian L.Y. Wang Yin, PhD Endowed Professor of Chemistry
- Member of American Chemical Society, American Physical Society