MOHAMMED EL MAJDOUBI, PH.D
Associate Professor, Dept. of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
School of Health and Natural Sciences
Expert in neuroscience and stem cell biology
- M. El Majdoubi. Stem Cell-Derived in Vitro Models for Investigating Neurodevelopmental Effects of Endocrine Disruptors. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, 14:292-299 (2011)
- M. El Majdoubi, B. Blackman, M. Fox, F. Schaufele and R.I. Weiner. Control of Ras Activation by Differential Tyrosine Phosphorylation of RasGAP (Under revision after 1st submission to Molecular Endocrinology) (2010)
- M. El Majdouibi, M. Fox, A. Clark, J.L. Vigne, J. Urano, C.E. Hostetler, M.D. Griswold, R.I. Weiner and R.A. Reijo Pera. Intermolecular interactions of homologs of germ plasm components in mammalian germ cells. Developmental Biology, 301:417-431. (2007).
- M. El Majdoubi, F. Gomez, S.E. la Fleur, R.I. Weiner, M.F. Dallman. Decreased GnRH neuronal activity is associated with decreased fertility and dysregulation of food intake in the female GPR-4 transgenic rat. Endocrinology, 146:3800-08 (2005)
- M. El Majdoubi, P.S. Tsai, S.M. Moenter, H.R. Postigo, T.R. Pak, J.C. Gill, S. Paruthiyil, S. Werner and R.I. Weiner. Targeted expression of a dominant-negative fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor in gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons reduces FGF responsiveness and the size of GnRH neuronal population. Molecular Endocrinology, 19:225-236. (2005).
- M. El Majdoubi, C. McDonald and M. Zagzoog "Embryonic Stem Cell-derived Neurons as an In Vitro for Investigating Developmental Neurotoxicity of Environmental Pollutants" at the 2nd World Neuroscience Online Conference, June 2013.
- M. El Majdoubi, S. Appavoo, A. Gharib, A. Fitzgerald and N. Mathew "Exam Type, Performance and Stress: A Comparison Of Open Book, Closed Book and Cheat Sheet Tests" at the 93rd Annual Meeting of the Western Psychological Association, Reno, Nev., April 2013.
- M. El Majdoubi, C. McDonald and M. Zagzoog "Neuronal Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells As An Alternative Model to Screen for Developmental Neurotoxins" at the Environmental Health Conference -- Science and Policy to Protect Future Generations," Boston, Mass. March 2013
- M. El Majdoubi and H. Stelmach "Breaking Down The Walls Between Neuroethics and Religious Ethics" at the Conference of the Society of Christian Ethics, Santa Clara, Calif. February 2013
- M. El Majdoubi, C. McDonald and M. Zagzoog "Effects Of Heavy Metals on a Mouse Embryonic Stem Cell Model of Developmental Neurotoxicity" at Annual Meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology, San Francisco, Calif. December 2012.
- M. El Majdoubi, C. McDonald and M. Zagzoog "Effects Of Heavy Metals on Proliferation and Neuronal Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells" at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, La. October 2012
- M. El Majdoubi, C. McDonald and M. Gutierrez "Effects Of Heavy Metals on Proliferation and Neuronal Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells" at 37th Annual West Coast Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Conference, Los Angeles, Calif. April 2013.
- M. El Majdoubi, C. McDonald and M. Gutierrez "Effects Of Heavy Metals on Proliferation and Neuronal Differentiation of Embryonic Stem Cells" at National Conference on Undergraduate Research, Ogden, Utah, March 2012.
- Project research on the use of mouse embryonic stem cells differentiation into hormone-secreting neurons in vitro as a model to understand early embryonic development of neuroendocrine cells.
- Project research on GPR-4 transgenic rats as a model to study metabolic disorders associated with reproductive aging in post-menopausal women.
- Current research focused on neuroendocrine differentiation of stem cells.