The “Sustainability Showcase” will feature the premiere of a video highlighting the University’s sustainable programs and initiatives.
Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey, in her 10th term as the United States’ representative from California’s 6th District, is scheduled to speak at the “Sustainability Showcase.” It is a grant, researched and created by a team of four faculty members and five student interns, impacts many departments at Dominican involved with sustainability-related work.
• The Green MBA: The leading MBA program in Sustainable Enterprise.
• The Venture Greenhouse: Green Business Incubator in San Rafael.
• The Sustainable Practices Certificate: Professional development in Sustainability.
• The Environmental Finance Center: Building Green Economies.
• Bon Appétit Catering: Sustainable Food Service on Campus.
• Environmental Research: Environmental Preservation through Scientific Research.
• Campus Natural History: A 100-Year History in Valuing Nature.
• Campus Sustainability Assessment: Sustainability Tracking & Assessment Rating System.
The “Sustainability Showcase” will follow two other Earth Day events on campus: an Education Fair outside Caleruega Dining Hall on Magnolia Avenue from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and a Local Food Reception on the Meadowlands Hall lawn from 4:30-6 p.m.
All events are free and open to the public.
Media Contact: Sarah Gardner, Director, Communications and Research, 415-485-3239, sarah.gardner@Dominican.edu