Dominican’s newest Penguins are an outstanding group of academically talented, well-traveled, and socially conscious students. They come from more than 185 high schools and 48 colleges throughout the United States and overseas.
President Mary B. Marcy welcomed new students and their families during new student orientation, which began August 20.
Dominican’s new students include:
• Bilingual, trilingual, and quadrilingual students (ASL, Cantonese, Latin, Italian, and Spanish)
• 63 recruited student athletes, including multiple All American Awarded Athletes and captains
• A four-year member of the Western Maryland City Ballet Company
• A producer & director of a documentary shown in San Francisco’s Vogue Theatre
• The founder of a high school knitting club.
• A professional skateboarder
• A professional surfer
• An attendee of the Harvard Model Congress
• Six competitive cheerleaders who competed in the 2014 State Championships
• Twin sisters studying nursing together (older sister also studied nursing at Dominican)
• Two published short story authors
• Former high school student body presidents, vice presidents, secretaries, and treasurers
• A Special Olympics coach
• Multiple students who have siblings already attending Dominican
• Musicians, poets, debaters, tutors, artists, dancers
• Military veterans
Watch for profiles on incoming students coming soon on dominican.edu