The Student Health Center serves all current, registered students. There is no charge to be seen in the clinic. If additional diagnostic, laboratory, radiological or prescriptions are ordered to further evaluate or treat a problem or concern, the student or his/her insurance carrier will be responsible for these costs. If your concern requires further medical treatment, you will be referred to local healthcare providers.
The SHC provides the following:
- Evaluation & treatment of acute illnesses and minor injuries
- Health education & evaluation of health concerns
- Pregnancy testing
- Contraception counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Stress management counseling
- STI & sexuality counseling
- Tuberculin skin testing (PPD)
- Vaccinations: measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), HPV, meningitis, hepatitis B,tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) booster, and flu shots - charges vary depending on our cost for the vaccines and must be paid at the time of service. We are not able to bill your insurance provider.
Visits to the SHC are confidential. Medical records will not be released to anyone without prior written consent by the student.