If additional diagnostic, laboratory, radiological or prescriptions are ordered to further evaluate or treatment, the student or his/her insurance carrier will be responsible for these costs. After being seen at the Student Health Center, if further medical treatment, you will be referred to local healthcare providers.
Student Health Center Services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of acute illnesses and minor injuries
- Health education & evaluation of health concerns
- Pregnancy testing
- Sexual, STI and reproductive counseling and services
- Nutrition counseling
- Smoking cessation counseling
- Stress management counseling
- Tuberculin skin testing
- Vaccinations: measles, mumps, rubella, HPV, meningitis, hepatitis B,tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) booster and flu shots
- Charges for skin testing and immunizations vary depending on our cost for the vaccines. Payment must be made at the time of service. We are not able to bill your insurance provider.
Visits to the SHC are confidential. Medical records will not be released to anyone without prior written consent by the student.