All students entering Dominican are REQUIRED to submit the following to the Student Health Center by the posted deadline:
- A Medical History Form
- Immunization & TB Screening Form – via PPD skin testing or a negative Quantiferon TB gold test performed within 12 months prior to arriving at Dominican; or if previously positive, a negative chest x-ray within the past 5 years and a recent symptom check; if completed prophylaxis treatment, please provide note or certificate of completion.
- Tdap - Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis vaccine updated every 10 years.
- MMR - Proof of having two measles, mumps & rubella vaccines or proof of immunity by means of a blood titer test
Additional REQUIREMENTS for all RESIDENT students:
- Meningococcal Meningitis vaccine - A booster is needed if original vaccine was given more than 5 years ago or at age 15 or younger
- Varicella vaccine (Chicken Pox) - Proof of 2 Varicella vaccines of blood titer showing proof of immunity
Additionally we strongly recommend that students be vaccinated against:
- Hepatitis B - a series of 3 injections over 6 months
- HPV - 3 injections for men and women younger than 26 years
- Hepatitis A - 2 injections over 6 months, traveler, & other indications
Stress Management and/or Psychological Evaluations (as needed)
- Attending college can be very stressful and students with no history of or mild mental heatlh often have new or worsening symptoms of depression and anxiety, especially at exam times. We recommend proactive planning to deal with issues that may come up.
All medical forms should be mailed directly to the Student Health Center, 50 Acacia Ave., San Rafael, CA 94901, prior to arrival on campus.
If you have questions regarding these vaccines, the Center for Disease Control and the American College Health Association Web sites can provide the most current information and recommendations.