Application Form: Apply online.
- Official Transcripts: Foreign transcript(s) must be translated into English. Transcripts must be mailed from the institution. Scanned or emailed transcripts are not acceptable.
- Credential Evaluation: Foreign transcript(s) must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation company. Dominican accepts credential evaluations from American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), aacrao.org, or any NACES approved member organization (naces.org).
Candidates who select World Education Services (WES) as their NACES member organization may elect to submit a WES ICAP (course-by-course) evaluation. The WES ICAP evaluation can fulfill the official transcript requirement, as well, as long as the WES ICAP evaluation is delivered to the Office of Admissions directly from WES and includes a copy of the official transcripts you had evaluated. It should be noted that official transcripts are delivered electronically with the evaluation through WES.
- Test Results/English Proficiency: International students from countries where English is not an official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Proficiency can be demonstrated with passing scores as listed below:
Passing test scores are:
a. SAT Reasoning: 950 Combined Math and Critical Reading (Dominican's SAT code is 4284.)
b. ACT: 20 Composite
c. TOEFL: 550 Paper, 213 Computer, or 80 IBT
d. IELTS: 6.5
e. PTEA: 53
The English proficiency requirement is also satisfied by completing Level 112 English for Academic Purposes (EAP) at ELS Language Centers, or the successful completion of 24 transferable semester units or 36 transferable quarter units at an English-speaking institution. (Please note that this requirement is waived for all students who have spent one academic year in the U.S. school system.)
- Personal Essay of 500 Words as described on the application
- Letter of Recommendation
- Bank Statement: All international students must submit a bank statement that demonstrates that sufficient funds are available to support the student for one year. 2013-14 estimated cost of attendance is $63,160 USD.
- Affidavit of Financial Support: If the bank statement is not in the student's name, the account holder must complete this form.
- Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
Priority Deadline: November 1
Regular Deadline: December 1
Priority Deadline: February 1
Regular Deadline: July 1
Once your application is complete, we will notify you of our admissions decision within two weeks. A $250 tuition deposit is required after you are admitted in order to confirm your attendance and to receive Form I-20.
Director, Undergraduate Admissions
International Admissions Counselor