Traveling & Safety
The information below is meant to inform you about travel and safety conditions at your study abroad location. Because of the ever-changing nature of the web, we must offer a disclaimer: Whereas we currently find the information on these external websites helpful, Dominican University of California and the Global Education Office are not responsible for information on these sites.
- 10 Airline Safety Tips: Air travel in the United States and internationally has undergone many changes in recent years. These top ten tips will prepare you for a smoother flight.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Health information for international travel from the U.S. government
- European International Road Signs and Conventions
- Health Check for study, work, and travel abroad
- Health Information for International Travel (The Yellow Book): Download or order this book published by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- School for International Training (SIT)'s Health and Safety Information
- The International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers provides a directory of English-speaking doctors in 500 cities in 120 countries.
- Travel Health Online
- Health: AIDS & International Travel
- U.S. Department of State Travel Registration: This is a free service to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country. Registration allows you to record information about your upcoming trip abroad that the Department of State can then use to assist you in case of an emergency. Americans residing abroad can also get routine information from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. All Dominican Study Abroad Students are required to register before departure.
- U.S. Department of State "A Safe Trip Abroad"
- U.S. Department of State "Students Abroad"
- U.S. Department of State "Top Ten Tips for Traveling Abroad"
- U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets: This website includes information such as the location of the U.S. Embassy or the Consulate, unusual immigration practices, health conditions, minor political disturbances, unusual currency and entry regulations, crime and security information, and drug penalties for every country in the world.
Traveling & Living Abroad Information
- Embassy World: Directory and search engine of the world's embassies and consulates
- Geographia: Travel information about different countries
- Glimpse Magazine: International news and culture publication featuring articles based on personal experiences. It is published by The Glimpse Foundation, an organization founded by Brown University students to promote greater cross-cultural dialogue and understanding.
- Hostelworld.com: Travel information for students and online reservations for hostels
- Mapquest: Street maps for cities around the world
- Starting Page: Provides links to sites for making hotel, plane, and car rental reservations, online travel guides, time zones, ATM locators, currency conversions, etc.
If you have any concerns or wish to offer a suggestion for a website link to be included on this page, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com