MS in Education
Dominican offers two 30-unit graduate programs designed for educators and professionals from various fields who wish to prepare for leadership roles in education.
MS in Education* emphasis options:
- Special Education
*This master's degree program does not include the teacher preparation program component. Candidates interested in a program that prepares them to meet the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) standards are encouraged to inquire about one of our Master of Science in Education plus Teacher Preparation Programs.
- Conveniently located at two locations, San Rafael and Ukiah
- Courses offered in late afternoon, early evening, on Saturdays with some hybrid online/face-to-face courses available to accommodate the needs of working adults
- Small class size, personal attention and a supportive learning community
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- Generous merit-based scholarships
- Master models and theories of teaching and learning to meet the needs of all students
- Understand theories related to political, historical, cultural, linguistic and psychological dimensions of teaching and learning
- Learn strategies for planning instruction and designing learning experiences for students
- Master skills for conducting and synthesizing inquiry and research on topical issues
- Learn how to design and implement a master’s level research project to address current issues in education
MS in Education Admission Requirements