MS in Education Plus Teacher Preparation Programs
Our highly successful teacher education program is recognized for its comprehensive and innovative training, small classes, individualized attention and a supportive learning community. We are approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to prepare and recommend candidates for their teaching credentials.
Curious to find out what it takes to become a teacher in California? Attend the “Considering a Career in Education” event on Saturday, March 8th to learn about the state requirements, hear from a panel of current teachers, even complete your fingerprinting onsite! RSVP today!
At our two locations in San Rafael and Ukiah, we offer the following teacher preparation programs:
- Dual Credential: Multiple or Single Subject/Education Specialist
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Added Authorization Program
- All candidates pursue a Master of Science in Education degree alongside the teacher preparation coursework necessary to meet the California state credentialing requirements.
- Dominican's program will prepare candidates for a teaching career in both public and private school settings.
- 2011-2012 graduates of the Dominican teacher preparation program reported a 78% employment rate on the 2012 California Center for Teacher Quality survey that is distributed by the CSU's Chancellor's Office. The average rate from the seven other private institutions that participated in the survey was 52%.
- Dominican is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.