MS in Counseling Psychology
Our MS in Counseling Psychology prepares students in professional counseling, consultation, case management as well as provide the tools needed to educate and train others. Students select either the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) or General concentration.
Our leading-edge program is dedicated to providing students with the most current and emerging trends in mental health delivery, theoretical approaches to clinical practice, innovative and alternative modes of counseling, consultation and case management.
- Convenient location in San Rafael, California, 12 miles north of San Francisco
- Highly trained and supportive clinical faculty
- Small, individualized classes and seminars
- Courses offered late afternoons, evening and occasional Saturdays to accommodate working students
- Collaborative learning environment
- Interactive instruction in traditional, innovative and alternative counseling
- Excellent training in diagnosis and treatment, which is adapted to a wide range of mental health disorders, including co-occurring disorders
- Well-established fieldwork placement programs. Recent opportunities include Berkeley Creative Living Center, Catholic Charities of Can Francisco and Marin, Family Service Agency of Marin, San Francisco Suicide Prevention and Santa Rosa Institute of Mental Health.
- Consistently score above statewide average on the Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) written examination
- A limited number of merit/need-based scholarships awarded each term
Our students are prized and in demand by community field placements in the Bay Area.
- Develop excellent diagnostic and therapeutic skills that benefit clients ranging from children to seniors
- Foster fluency in behavioral, cognitive, behavioral, brief and strategic, client-centered, crisis intervention, and psychodynamic theoretical models
- Become well-schooled in consultation and case management techniques, emphasizing client-centered advocacy
- Learn to be sensitive to issues of diversity and gain experience working with clients from wide variety of cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Effectively make assessments of and offer treatment for domestic violence, child abuse, alcohol and substance abuse, and behavioral addiction
MS in Counseling Psychology Admission Requirements
Additional Forms and Documents
Master of Science in Counseling Psychology Scholarship Application
Attend an Information Session