Applications are reviewed and evaluated and admission decisions are made on an ongoing basis. Space is limited in some graduate programs, so early submission of application materials is advised.
International students must complete both program specific graduate admission requirements and the international admission requirements (outlined below). In addition to the program specific admissions requirements, international candidates must submit the following:
1. Credential Evaluation: Foreign transcript(s) must be evaluated for degree equivalency, regional accreditation.
Applicants of the MBA program should contact Robbie Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the MBA-specific credential evaluation process.
Candidates of all other graduate programs will need to select an accredited company to complete the credential evaluation. Dominican accepts credential evaluations from American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), www.aacrao.org, or any NACES approved member organization (www.naces.org).
Candidates who select World Education Services (WES) as their NACES member organization may elect to submit a WES ICAP (course-by-course) evaluation. The WES ICAP evaluation can fulfill the official transcript requirement as well as long as the WES ICAP evaluation is delivered to the Office of Admissions directly from WES and includes a copy of the official transcripts you had evaluated. It should be noted that official transcripts are delivered electronically with the evaluation through WES.
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of hundreds of advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Find your center.
Candidates who completed a three-year undergraduate degree in India are encouraged to use WES as their NACES approved member organization. Dominican only accepts three-year degrees from India that have been recognized by WES. For more information on the evaluation of three-year degrees from India, please visit www.wes.org/educators/pdf/indiapolicypacket.pdf
2. International students from countries where English is not an official language must demonstrate English proficiency. Proficiency can be demonstrated with one of the following:
Please note, students who have met the university’s academic requirements, but have not yet satisfied the English requirement, may apply for “conditional admission” based upon eventual completion of the required ELS Language Centers level. To learn more about the ELS Language Center’s program located on our campus, and how to apply for conditional admission, please visit www.els.edu/sanfrancisconorthbay.
3. Bank Statement: All international students must submit a bank statement that demonstrates that sufficient funds are available to support the student for one year. Please see the Cost of Attendance for the program to which you are applying.
4. Affidavit of Financial Support: If the bank statement is not in the student's name, the account holder must submit this form.
5. Photocopy of the passport photo page
Once your application is complete, we will notify you of our admissions decision within two weeks. A $250 tuition deposit is required after you are admitted in order to confirm your attendance and to receive the Form I-20.
Dominican provides assistance in locating and securing housing upon arrival to the University.